Chapter 42

"Never fear! Your favorite dancer is here!" Ashley cheered as she walked into the locker room.
     "You are way too excited to be here right now." I rolled my eyes playfully.
     "Well I just took a bunch of blow, so"
     "Oh, great." Just fucking great.
     "What's new with you, huh? She asked, beginning to get ready.
     "Nikkis taking me home for Christmas" I say with a sigh. Ashley loses her mind and gets all excited. Myself, though I'm of course happy to be going with him, I wish I could be more excited. I love Nikki, I really do, but sometimes I wish we would talk more. Neither of us communicate. I can't blame him for that, it's my fault too. God, I can't even tell him the truth. He almost caught me too. "It sOuNdeD LiKe YoU WeRe sIcK-" NO SHIT SHERLOCK. Of course I'm making myself sick! I can't stand when he looks at those fucking magizines when Im laying right next to him and how he basically eye fucks some of those girls in the crowds every weekend. For all I know, he could be lying to me about going to the studio- or what he actually does while he's there. I don't look like those girls he looks at, or at least I don't think I do. You know what? Fuck it.
     Two hours into my shift, just past 1 o'clock, my favorite customer (and biggest tipper) strolls in. "Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in" I say walking behind the bar.
     "I knew it wouldn't be long before you came crawling my way" he smirked
     "Can I get you something to drink or are you gonna make me stick my hand down your pants again because you knew my boss was looking and you "needed" to make sure I wouldn't get fired?"
     "In my defense, I should have gotten a refund- since you didn't actually touch me" He responded playfully.
     "I'll make sure you never step foot back in this bar again or you could shut your mouth and order a drink."
     "Damn, you're feisty tonight. How about you get me a beer and then make your way to that table over there. There's something else I want to order." He winks.
     "Whatever, Vince" I roll my eyes while sliding him a glass. "I'll be over in a second." In the middle of my dance with Vince, my mind just wanders. I'm so caught up in my own life, it doesn't even feel real. "Hey Vinnie?"
     "Yes darling?" He said running his hand from my hips to my arms and down to my fingertips.
     "I think I want a tattoo."
     "Really? Miss Perfect wants a tattoo?"
     "I am anything but close to perfect- clearly" I motion to our current actions.
     "What are you going to get? Personal groupie?"
     I mildly slap Vince across the face "Not funny"
     "How about I get "Favorite groupie" and you get "Favorite Band Member" with arrows pointing towards each other?"
     "I'd rather get "He's an asshole" with an arrow pointed to a portrait of your face"
     "Then I'll get one that says "You are what you eat"."
    I slap him a little harder this time "You're actually getting banned from this place, you know that?"
     "God damn I miss you" he sighs in eagar.
     "Probably a good thing we killed this when we did"
     "I'm really regretting that now, ya know?"
     "You'll move on"
     "Yeah.. it's kinda hard to do that when you keep moving on me like that" He says, throwing his head back.
     "Alright, I have already gone over my time. I'm done here" I laugh getting off his lap. You might be thinking right now "But Isabelle, you're dating Nikki and you used to BLAH BLAH BLAH" Well I'm just doing my job. Now you see why Nikki loses his shit all the time when it comes to work. The worst part is, he doesn't know Vince comes in here as often as he does, and he sure as hell doesn't know I'm usually his server. And I don't plan on telling him either. Sure, I feel guilty but if I don't work as much as I can- we won't be able to afford our home. As of right now, i'm the one bringing in the money, so as long as I keep the roof over our heads, I can or won't say whatever the hell I want. Right? Shit, there's Nikki. I scoot my way behind the bar and start making drinks. Nikki finds a seat on the other end of the bar to put in drink orders. Now I can avoid him just a little longer.
     "Excuse me, bar keep!" I heard a shout from Nikki's lips.
     I make my way over to his side of the bar "Hey Nik, Im really busy right now. What do you want?"
     "Just get me a Jack and Coke, thanks." I work my fastest to get him a drink then go back to the tray full of booze. While making my round, I drop off a drink for Vince, which catches Nikki's attention, though I don't stop to chat. While rushing my way back I see that Nikki has since sat beside Vince at his table. "Iz, come here!"
     "Hey guys, sorry, ive been busy." I sigh.
     "When you get a second come back" Nikki tells me.
     "Also bring back four shots!" Vince yells as I walk away. Throughout the night, I did the most I could to avoid Nikki. I really don't feel like talking to him until I get my head screwed back on straight. With only 30 minutes left to my night, I decided to just spend the rest of my time around the two horn dogs.
     "You know I've been waiting for you all night to finally spend some time over here?" Nikki says tipsy.
     "Just trying to keep a roof over our heads" I smile.
     "Well, I'm sick of watching you all over this place with other guys. It's my turn." he rests his hands on my hips, pulling me in closer.
     "Hey, Jules! Take care of the blonde over here, will ya?" I shout to one of the other girls. "Im going to take you to the back instead" I say running my hands through his hair and down his arms till I have a grip of his hands- pulling him away from his seat.
     Nikki follows like a hungry dog "God damn I love you."
————————————————————