Chapter 32

Ashley walked me to my car as we shared some laughs. Seems like we could be friends but I've heard that you don't want to mix work and personal life in this kind of business. I dreaded going home, though its only 12:30, so they should still be out. I drove as slow as I could on my way home, but inevitably reached the apartment. "Shit." I whisper to myself. I grab my bag and take my time getting to the door. When I walk in, its dark, empty, and silent. I drop my bag next to the door side table, lean back, and sigh a breath of relief.
     "Welcome home" I heard a low voice say to me from the dark hallway.
     "Shit! Nikki- you scared me." I say holding my chest. I flip on the light to see him leaning against the end of the hallway wall. He. Looks. Pissed.
     "I could say the same." He said without a move.
     "What do you mean?"
     "Its passed 1. You got off at 12."
     "I had to get dressed and take off my makeup- plus there was a lot of people on the stree-"
     "SAVE IT!" He cut me off. I stood there, shocked at his reaction. I figured, he'd just ignore me the next time we saw each other, and Id be the one to resolve it. Turns out he had other idea's. "What the hell do you think you're doing, going behind my back- and working as a fucking stripper! You miss my show and lie to me? What the fuck?" He yelled and got in my face.
"Exactly what you said- WORKING!"
"There are thousands of job in Hollywood and you choose this?"
"Why do you even care? All of you said that you'd love to see it! And you'd get free drinks too and watch me walk around in a bikini! It's literally and win-win situation for YOU!"
"That was before we were going out!"
"Oh so we are going out then!?"
"I'm literally taking you out tomorrow! Has all the time since we slept together been unclear to you or something?"
"Yeah apparently! You don't communicate with me. Last I checked, i'm not your girlfriend!"
"We've hung out, made out and slept in each others beds almost every night and you're telling me that this relationship is unclear to you?!"
A continuous fight went on all night. Topics from work to weather we are dating at the very moment, from my past relationships, to even little things like drugs and alcohol. From my point of view, everything seems to be my fault. How we got caught into the off topic arguing, I have no idea. When the boys eventually got home, we moved the argument into Nikki's room, where that continued till 4 AM. When we decided to call it quits, part of me wanted to go into Vince's room, but I knew I didn't want that, so I decided to walk back to my room and go to bed while I still can.
I woke up just passed 11 with a terrible feeling in my stomach. I feel guilty. I just want to all this to go away. I should have listened to myself when I first moved in because I knew this wasn't going to end well. I really do like Nikki... I just wish things didn't have to be so difficult between us. That's it's. I am not going to leave my room today.
That plan actually turned out to be successful, until 6 o'clock, when I heard a knock on the door. "Hey, we're leaving in 2 hours. Just wanna make sure you're ready." Nikki said popping his head in my door then leaving before I could even make a squeak. What the fuck? I guess we're still goin on that date after all. Shit... I gotta take a shower. I smell like a shame and booze. While getting ready Tommy talked with me about what happened last night. He was being a very supportive friend, even though he didn't fully support my decision. It felt good to talk that out and it took up just enough time for me to leave.
I walk out into the living room to see Vince and Nikki standing, looking at the TV. "A Wendell Tyler jersey?" I asking stepping behind him.
"I had to get something to wear so why not?" He smiled and rested his hands on my hips, pulling my body into his. He leans down a gives me a long kiss, which took me a second to respond to, since I was expecting him to still be heated about last night. I smile when he pulls back "you could have got me one too" I laugh.
"I almost got caught stealing one, I would have been thrown in jail if I stole two." He shrugged his shoulders.
"You stole this?" I say in a motherly tone.
"Oh come on! You know I can't afford something like this! Alight, let's go."
"ok" I laugh taking his hand.
"We'll be back tonight boys!" Nikki shouts as we walk out the door. We walked hand in hand to The Rainbow, where we got seated immediately in a booth so we can sit directly next to each other and see the TV screen. The bar was packed with people to watch the kickoff of the season. "What you wanna get?" He asks me, looking at the menu.
"Mmmm, I'm not sure. Im trying to eat healthier so-"
"Healthy? We're at a bar! You're supposed to get greasy and unhealthy food! Live a little, have a burger! We could even get the game day plater!" Nikki tells me excitedly. He seems genuinely happy that we are out tonight, which makes me feel better about our whole situation.
"But Nikki..."
"Uh uh. No. Im ordering for you. Don't make a peep." He looks at me dead in the eyes and smiles. God he's so pretty.
"What can I get y'all tonight?" The waitress asks.
"We are both going to have a cheeseburger, leave everything on it, with fries. We'll also do an order of 12 barbecue wing, and two miller lites." Nikki says then closing the menu.
"Would you like the miller in a can, bottle or tap?"
"Tap, please."
"Also do you want the wings to come out before of with the meal?"
"Let's do it before."
"Alright-y, I'll be right back with your drinks." She takes the menus and walks off.
"12 wings Nikki? Really?"
"If we don't finish them, the boys will! Don't worry about a thing tonight. Now sit back and relax." Nikki wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me close. "They're about to kickoff."
————————————————————