Chapter Thirty Sixx

"9016 Harratt St." (Real address in West Hollywood. Look it up on Zillow, I swear!) I told Nikki as we walked up to the property.
     "This isn't an apartment.." He said shocked.
     "It's a one bed, one bath."
    "It's a house!"
     "No.. that's the house, over there. It's not for sale. There is a unit behind it and a half unit. We'd take the 1 unit."
     "It's a house."
     "It's a small house!" I responded. Nikki glared at me as I stood looking at him with pouty eyes. "Can we please just look inside?"
     "I guess since we're already here." he sighed.
     "Great! You'll love it, I promise." I went to the homeowner's door and introduced myself. He lent me the key to the rentable unit so we could take a look around. I dragged Nikki to the back and unlocked the door. I gasp "Nikki! Look at this place!"
     "Hm. Not too bad actually."
     "Look at this! We have space to put all your shit!" I remark.
     "My shit? I've seen your closet!"
     "Whatever just look around!" I take it upon myself to tour the place, it may not be big but I think it's perfect for us. Plus, we could even get a dog if we wanted to. There's a spare room too, so we can put all his music crap in there.
     "Hey sweets, I know you like to cook, but do you think the kitchen is big enough?" he calls me over.
     "Eh, I'll manage." I shrug.
     "I really like this place, honey." Nikki puts his arm around my shoulder.
     "Yeah?" I smile
     "Yeah... I think we should get it."
     "Really!"
     "Yeah! What's the rent?"
     Oh shit. "Uhhhhhh well" My voice gets high.
     "Why? What is it."
     "He said he would give me twenty-three hundred" I fake smile.
     "TWENTY-THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS?"
     "That was out of 25" I reply
     "Where on earth are we going to get that kind of money?"
     "Well, I've been saving up, enough for the first month's rent, and I can pick up some extra shifts at work."
     "Eh, I'm not so sure about that. You work there enough" he rolls his eyes.
     "You're just mad I still charge you for lap dances." I smirk.
     "I SHOULD GET THEM FOR FREE! IT'S RIDICULOUS!"
     "Nikki." I stare
     "No, we're talking about this now, I should be able to get free drinks, free dances, and-!" He begins to ramble on before I cut him off. "It's just unfair is all I'm saying" he mumbled.
     "I think we can do this if we really want to. Plus, Motley is doing really well. You've been signed with that Coffman guy for a while and you have shows every weekend. I think we can make this work." I say with puppy dog eyes. Nikki sighs and takes a moment before responding.
     "You're lucky I love you" he sighs again. He pulled the back of my head in and kissed me on the forehead as I squealed with joy, giving him a tight hug.
     "Come on, let's go get those papers."
     We go to the renter's house, where I got the key. We all discussed the rental agreement, bills, etcetera. Nikki looked a little unsure, but this was his idea in the first place, so who's to blame? We drove home and uhh, well... use your imagination ;) Let's just say, the music was being played very loudly. It's a celebration, come on! As a more family-friendly way of celebrating, we invited Mick, Vince, and Tommy out to dinner. We didn't want to tell them immediately, and just have a fun night out. Though we as a collective don't have a whole lot of spending money, these boys have recently been getting gigs all around, which is giving everyone some financial freedom. "Ok ok guys, I'm sure you're all wondering why me and Sixx invited you out tonight..." The three guys look at each other and shake their heads.
     "Nah.. not really" Tommy said, shrugging his shoulders. "We usually hang out and go out... I was just excited about a free dinner."
     "This is on you guys, right?" Vince added with a full mouth of food and pointing down at his plate.
     I roll my eyes and look at Nikki. "Well, we actually have an announcement..." I hug Nikki's arm.
     Tommy and Vince gasp "YOU'RE PREGNANT?!"
     "Congrats guys" Mick added, raising his glass.
     "Shhhh no what? Keep your voices down! No, I'm not pregnant, I'm literally drinking!"
     "No guys, we bought our own place. God" Nikki rolled his eyes, taking a swig at his drink.
     "Ohhhhhhhh" the guys said in unison.
     "That makes so much more sense, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was something else" Tommy smirked and elbowed Vince.
     "You guys are sick." Nikki adds.
     "So you guys are actually moving out?" Vince asks
     "Signed the lease today" Nikki says leaning back.
     "Well- what about us?" Tommy says motioning to Vince.
     "I'll just sign you over as the primary residence, no big deal."
     "I liked having you as a roommate" Tommy says to me.
     "Me too" Vince adds with raised eyebrows
     "Tommy- Vince- we are literally, and I cannot stress this enough, an exactly 2-minute drive away."
     "Two minutes too far" Tommy mumbled.
     "And yet, I still can't be far away from you dimwits" Mick said, rolling his eyes, making me smile.
     "On the bright side, you guys get to have your own rooms again!" I said cheerfully.
     "I call Nikki's room!" Vince blurted out.
     "Oh hell no-" Tommy and Vince began a stupid argument to the point that me, Nikki, and Mick were able to sneak away without them noticing. And leaving them with the check. The three of us went outside and started walking down the semi-busy street.
     "Congratulations guys, really."
     "Thanks Mick" I smiled
     "Yeah. Thanks, man" Nikki said, lightly tapping his back.
     "Did you actually buy or are you renting?"
     "We're renting. It's a little pricey but I think it's good for us. We can host dinners, parties, barbecues, hell- we could even get a dog if we wanted to." Nikki told Mick.
     "I think we should get a cat."
     "Let me take in the place first, then we'll discuss a cat" Nikki said defensively.
     "Well, I wish you two the best. Night guys." Mick said parting ways.
     "Goodnight Mick!" We shouted back. Nikki and I walked about 10 steps in silence before I asked Nikki "wanna go home and have sex before the guys get back?"
     "Yep."
————————————————————