40

Luke.
a few weeks later

"Welcome to Australia, love" Ashton was the first to speak as we drug ourselves off the plane, jet lag getting to each of us.

She yawned, stretching as she did.

"It's cute" she managed to say as she glanced around the airport, making each of us laugh.

"You haven't seen anything yet, pretty girl"

We all got our luggage and then waited outside for Jack, who was supposed to come and get us.

"We landed a bit early, so he isn't quite hear yet" I spoke as I read his text about being late.

Harley leaned against me, making me wrap my arm around her, kissing her head gently.

And soon, Jack was thankfully here and out of the car within a second, excitement written in his voice.

I moved to go and hug him and he immediately shoved me out of the way, almost tackling Harley into a hug, which immediately made her laugh as she hugged him back.

They had spoken on FaceTime several times, as did the whole family, but I still didn't expect Jack to be that excited to meet her.

He let her go, looking to her with a bright smile, "you and I are going to have so much fun."

He then hugged myself and the rest of the guys, making jokes about not being as excited to see us and then clapped, seeing that we had already put the luggage up.

"Okay- pile in, Harley gets front seat." He gave no one a choice, but no one seemed to mind.

As he drove, he pointed out our old school, the library, and little tourist attractions that he would pass, Harley seeming more than curious of everything he was telling her.

We soon pulled up at his house, which he is allowing us to stay so that we didn't have to all get a hotel, which we were thankful for.

"So, what are we starting the day off with mates? Some surfing? Maybe some lunch and exploring?" He was beyond excited as he listed ideas to us, making us all exchange a glance.

"I think we could all use a nap" I laughed to him, seeing his face drop.

"You fly all the way to Australia for a nap?" He quickly spoke.

"The time zones are rough for us" I laughed to him, seeing him roll his eyes

"Okay- you guys get a two hour nap limit"

I got Harley into the room that was assigned to us, knowing each of us were sharing rooms except for Ash, who was lucky enough to win a rock, paper, scissors game and win the solo room.

But I didn't mind sharing with Harley.

"We can even snorkel the Great Barrier Reef!" Harley spoke after reading me a detailed list of things to do in Australia off of Google, her excitement getting the best of her.

"Yes, we absolutely can. But you also need a nap, or you're going to be done with the day by sunset." I laughed to her, seeing her finally give in, moving to lay with me.

"Thank you for this" I heard her say, feeling her head rest on my arm, making me smile.

"Don't thank me, just enjoy your time here."

Harley.

I could not sleep.

I was too excited.

After trying for over thirty minutes, I slowly got up without waking Luke, moving downstairs to see if anyone else was awake.

"Harley" Jack suddenly spoke, making me jump lightly, putting a hand to my chest, which made him smile.

"Didn't mean to scare you, do you need something?" He smiled.

"No- uh, no. I just can't sleep so I was wondering if any of the other guys were up." I spoke, seeing him shake his head.

"No, but you and I can do something if you're up for it" he suggested.

"I am."

We ended up getting swimsuits and everything required for the beach, Jack texting the guys and telling them to meet us there once they woke up.

"Have you ever surfed?" Jack asked, grinning to me as we walked towards the beach, seeing surf board stands come into view.

"No, I've actually only ever been to a beach once" I laughed, seeing him smile.

"It's easy, you'll love it."

It was in fact, not easy.

I had been trying for over an hour to catch and succeed in surfing a single wave and I would simply wipe out on every single one.

I coughed as I swam up from yet another fail, seeing Jack laughing lightly,

"It's not funny" I managed to laugh back to him.

After multiple more tries, soon we noticed the guys all running towards us in wet suits, with surf boards as well, making us just sit on ours, laughing at how they looked.

We all tried doing it on different waves, the guys seeking to struggle just as much as I did, which was fun to watch.

Soon Luke looked to me, smiling as I laughed from Michael wiping out

"Did you put on sunscreen?"