42

Luke.

Some how, we all ended up back on the beach, in all of our nice clothes.

I held Harley's heels for her, watching her and Calum running ahead of us, playfully pushing each other and laughing.

I smiled as I heard her laugh, seeing Calum falling in the sand, almost doing a forward roll as he did.

"I can tell you're happy." My mum smiled to me, making me immediately nod.

"Very," I nodded.

She nodded as well, exhaling lightly.

"What you did was very sweet-" "mum" I could tell from her tone she almost wanted to lecture me.

The day I told her I adopted Harley, it didn't go well.
I didn't expect it to, due to me having only mentioned Harley once of twice before I told her that she was legally my child and then having to explain to my mom the trust issues that came along with adopting her.

"I'm just worried that you rushed into a decision- she's only maybe ten years younger than you-" "thirteen years younger than me." I corrected her, seeing her sigh.

"I just hope you don't regret it in the future." She spoke, making me immediately stop walking, smiling to her.

"Mum, I love you so much." I told her calmly.

"But I don't ever want to hear you say that I may regret what I did when it comes to her. You can question my career, my girlfriends, my future wife, whatever you want, but Harley is off limits. You didn't see what I saw in Harley, you weren't there to see the connection we made. I love Harley more than anything on this earth and nothing is going to change that." I spoke firmly, seeing her nod slowly.

"I'm going to support whatever makes you happy."

I nodded in agreement.

Soon we all met up with Calum and Harley, who were sitting in the sand, completely oblivious to their nice clothing at this point.

Suddenly I saw Jack pick up Harley, who was immediately laughing.

"Jack- do not." I spoke firmly as I watched him walk to the ocean.

He ignored me

"Jack I just said-" "don't!" She was screaming, but laughing, which just gave him more permission.

He walked knee deep before just falling backwards with her in his arms, soaking them both.

And that caused almost everyone else with at least a little bit of childishness in them, to run straight into the water.

I grabbed Harley as she swam up from Calum throwing her, her body laughing, her mascara running down her cheeks, her dress completely and utterly ruined.

"You will be the death of me" I laughed, feeling her immediately hug me, making me hold her body up, hugging her back tightly.

"I love you, Harley" I spoke, watching her smile as she glanced to the guys behind me before right back to me.

"I love you more, Luke"