15

Luke.

I woke up to movement.

"What the fuck are you doing" I spoke groggily seeing Harley wide awake, standing and throwing my own hoodie over her body.

"Take it out please" she spoke quickly, but yet nicely, pointing to her IV.

"Chill, you're going to rip it out." I spoke, stopping her from putting her arm into my hoodie.

"You're not discharged- what are you doing" I spoke, trying to wake myself up, startled at what she was doing.

It was just five in the morning, she had no hint of sleep in her face.

"I have to walk some of the kids to school or they walk alone and they don't completely understand the cross walks and waiting and shit- so you let me go get them or they get hit by a car." She spoke, never losing eye contact with me.

"No" I spoke, moving to get my phone.

"No? What do you mean no?" She shot quickly, following my every step, careful of her IV cord.

"No" I spoke again, going through my contacts to find Ashton's name.

"So you want kids to get ran over?" She panicked.

"Chill" I spoke, grabbing her shoulder as I put my phone to my ear.

Calum soon answered- also sounding wide awake.

"Can you and Michael leave a little early and go bring some of the kids at the foster care to school so that they don't have to walk?" I asked, seeing relief flood through her face.

"Of course, that's all?" Calum asked.

"Yep" I spoke back simply, soon ending the call.

"Now go back to bed" I spoke, flopping back down into a car, watching her continue to look to me.

"Thank you" she spoke, slowly sitting on the bed as I gave a small nod, watching her eyes move to the floor.

"What's going to happen with the foster house?" She asked me slowly, crossing her legs to sit in the bed.

"Renovations, most likely" I spoke simply, seeing her nod.

"Things will change, but it'll be for the better" I assured her quietly, seeing her nod slowly.

I watched her rub her eyes slowly before they moved back to my own.

"Sleep" I nodded to the bed

I could tell from her dark circles and energy that she never slept much- it didn't shock me.

To please me, I watched her lay down, looking to the window, where the sunrise was slowly starting to peak through.

After maybe ten minutes of laying silently, myself trying to convince myself to get ready for work- she rolled onto her other side, sighing towards me.

"Can't sleep" she spoke simply.

"Let's go walk."

I took her IV out, letting her throw my hoodie over her head and waiting with her as she slipped on shoes before she took my arm, letting me lead her out of the room.

We walked outside, the cold air making me immediately regret the decision- but neither of us complained.

"Do you do this with all patients?" She asked me.

"No" I laughed out quickly.

"Why not?" She questioned quickly.

"I don't know- not all patients are like you" I shrugged out.

"What- depressed, malnourished, pitiful-" "stop" I quickly spoke, hearing her laugh lightly.

"I'm joking" she mumbled.

"You are malnourished" I spoke towards her.

"I'm fine" she exhaled quietly.

I shook my head slowly, exhaling a deep breathe.

"You're not fine- you just convince yourself that you're fine" I mumbled towards her.

She didn't respond, she just kept walking with me, not letting my arm go.

"What makes you think I'm not fine?" She asked quietly.

"I can physically see that you aren't fine, Harley" I spoke.

"I look bad?" She shot to me quickly, making me instantly want to throw myself into a never ending ditch.

"No- that's not what I meant." I quickly corrected myself quickly.

"You're just- small. You passed out really easy, you bruise easy, and I can tell from touching you that you're always tense- which means you're holding a lot of stuff in" I spoke.

She shrugged lightly, not denying any of it

"Let me help you"

"Help us all"