3

5 days later

"Doctor Hemmings, your three o'clock appointment is here"

"Bring her in please" I exhaled towards my nurse, moving to my feet and setting up the stuff to take her stitches out of her lip.

I heard the door open again, making me turn to look, seeing the same small girl, along with the same foster mom, who didn't look happy in the slightest.

"Afternoon-" "why don't you show the doctor what you got yourself into" the foster mom spoke out quickly.

"Please stop" Harley spoke at a quiet tone, seeming to almost be begging.

"Show him, now Harley"

She made eye contact with me before slowly pulled her hoodie away from her neck, revealing about four hickeys.

I couldn't do anything but exhale.

"It's fucking ridiculous- she looks trashy. I lecture her all the fucking time about not having sex, now you're fucking worthless-" "woah" I cut her off, slowly pulling Harley closer to me.

"She's not worthless, she's a kid and we don't know the full story. There's no need to be as negative about this as you're being" I spoke quickly.

"So you want me to just let her go around, fucking anyone she wants-" "I already told you, we didn't have sex" Harley spoke quickly, almost begging to stop the conversation.

"And you think I'm going to believe that?"

"Why don't you step outside" I spoke to the woman as Harley completely turned away, moving to a window in the exam room, looking out of it silently.

"Fine" the woman laughed, leaving dramatically, making me roll my eyes.

"Harley" I spoke cautiously, sitting in my chair, waiting on her to look to me.

"I'm not trashy" her voice cracked as she spoke.

"I know you aren't-" "he said he cared." Her voice cracked again, making me close my eyes.

It's a heartbreak.

"Come here" I spoke, moving to my feet.

She didn't even hesitate- which showed me how much she just wanted attention.

I brought her into a tight hug as she let out a cry into my chest.

"Did you use protection-" "we didn't have sex, I swear" she cried out, tears streaming down her face- she wanted someone to believe her.

"Okay, I believe you" I spoke cautiously, looking to her face, which was filled with emotions.

"I didn't even want this- but he wants to do everything so fast and I didn't know and-" I cut her off by just hugging her again.

"You don't need to justify anything to me" I spoke slowly, feeling her squeeze me.

"It just felt good to have someone who wanted me" she cried loudly, almost sobbing into my chest, which broke my heart.

The kid was hurting, and I knew that from day one, but she was holding in so much more than what she was telling me.

She didn't know how to process things- she just held them in until she couldn't any longer- which is exactly what's happening right now.

"I'm sorry" she spoke once she was done crying, pulling away and wiping her tears quickly.

"Don't apologize, just get everything out"