three

GREYSON'S POV

"Surprise!" Jordan smiled, leading me into my house as Izaak and another girl sat in my living room. I recognized her immediately from the documents Ev sent over about my assistant.

I remembered the basic things like her name was Ariana, she was twenty-three, and lived in LA previously. I didn't read anything else about her though, not even the rest of her application, because it was sent to me while I was on the plane back home and I was more focused on getting sleep.

"Yeah, we met your assistant already and you'll love her, she's great," Izaak said, getting up to come over to me.

"She is," Jordan added, motioning to the woman.

"Ariana, right?" I said, walking over to her instead of staying by my security. "I'm G or Greyson, it's nice to meet you."

"Yeah right, thank you for the opportunity." Ariana nodded, getting up from her spot on the couch and clearly thrown off-guard by me. I specifically asked Everett for no fans, so it would suck if she was one and I had already welcomed her into my home.

"No problem. Anyway, today is a busy day." I explained, putting my bags down. "I need to be at a festival in three hours, so we gotta go now."

"Wait, you're playing Made In America today right?" Music was something I did for fun, most of my time and work went into my career in acting.

"Yeah, I just checked her schedule," Izaak answered before I could. "The team's gonna meet us there with Ev, we're good to go."

"Nah, just take equipment, Ariana and I will drive together," I said.

"Cool." They nodded, heading to the garage.

I grabbed a water from the kitchen, before Ariana followed me to one of my cars, specifically the Jeep. She got inside, as I went over to the driver's side and did the same.

Once I started the car, I rolled our windows down and began playing music as we pulled off before everyone else.

"So... you know my brother?" Ariana asked, breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah, I met him at a party in Miami with Ev, Zeke, and Izaak, a few years back. Honestly, I didn't expect him to text me though."

"I can't believe he knew you all these years and never mentioned it."

"Maybe it's because he knows I'm big on authenticity."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I want the people around me to actually care about me and want a genuine friendship, not because I'm famous or whatever the fuck."

"You think I accepted this job because of who you are?"

"I don't know what I think."

"Because you don't trust me?"

"Do you trust me?"

"Can't trust someone who doesn't trust me."

"Exactly."

"So why not just fire me?"

"Because Frankie trusts you, and Everett trusts him. I trust Everett, Jordan, and Izaak, and they trust you." I shrugged. "So I trust that."

"Ask me something."

"What?"

"Anything you want. You don't trust me, I don't trust you, we have to establish trust one way, don't we?"

"I'm sure this wasn't your only job offer, why pick being someone's assistant?"

"Because I needed something that would take me out of my normal. Jordan said it himself, every day with you is unpredictable and that's what I need, spontaneity."