twenty seven

GREYSON'S POV

Logan was standing in front of the doctor, going on with more questions for what had felt like the billionth time. I couldn't blame her, I mean we all had questions, I just doubted anyone could form the words as well as she could right now. My parents were sitting on the couch behind the two, Mom laying in Dad's lap while he sat upright, rubbing her shoulder so she could at least be somewhat comfortable although she couldn't sleep. For hours, I had been standing in a corner, looking over at Jack's bed while she slept. Only family was allowed to see her, so it was just us, and had been for the past three days or so.

The five of us were disconnected from the world, having not checked our phones since the Jack thing happened. I had no idea what was going on back at home, but I wasn't too worried about it, I was mainly focused on my sister. We thought after her problems cleared up back in high school, this would be the last of them, but obviously, we were wrong.

"She's healthy though, right?" Logan asked, and you could hear how frantic she was, although it was evident her voice was hoarse and drained. "Are we sure this isn't just a false alarm?"

"Sorry Ms. Cameron, but we don't have any answers right now. Our doctors are running tests as fast as they can and as soon as we have definite answers, we'll let you know," He reassured, his blue eyes staring into her defeated ones. You could tell that for as long as he had been a doctor, cases like this still got to him, and he tried his best to empathize.

Dad encouraged Logan to just give it a rest as the doctor excused himself to go check on another patient, so she took her seat in a chair next to where I was standing, with Jack in front of her view.

I felt uneasy knowing that while I spent the day decorating with my friends, having a blast enjoying the upcoming holiday, my sister had passed out while she was with Bella. And I was too focused on some party with Ariana to even check my phone to be here sooner.

For as live as my family typically was, the silence in the room was misleading. Jack was tired from taking so many tests so she had been sleeping for almost an hour. Our sleep had been on and off, with the most anyone managed to get was fifteen minutes.

"Hey, maybe you two should go home and freshen up. I'm sure Jack will at least feel better if the room doesn't feel as gloomy," Mom offered, and I could feel her eyes flicker between Logan and I.

My sister shrugged, not even bothering to look at her, and neither did I. "No, we we'll stay with Jack."

"What about Liam and Ariana? I'm sure they're worried." Dad added, a small frown forming on his face.

"They know what's going on, Dad,"

"Still, we don't think you guys should—"

"We're adults now guys, we can handle ourselves."

"That doesn't mean it's healthy for you to be cooped up in a hospital all day,"

"Say that to yourselves," I pointed out, to which neither said anything knowing I was right.

Time seemed like it was passing by slowly although hours had passed and Jack was woke. Her doctor had been popping in and out of the room, running more tests, while we still didn't have any answers yet.

For the first time since yesterday morning, I picked my phone up, unlocking it as there was an overwhelming amount of texts, most recently from my close friends and others who were sending condolences after the public had speculated something was wrong. I skipped past all of that though, deciding to answer those later, and instead call Ariana, excusing myself from the room. I went further down the hall, finding a little secluded seating area and she answered almost immediately.