thirty three

GREYSON'S POV

"Hi!" Courtney smiled, opening the door slightly, with her body in the way of the entrance. She had a drink in one of her hands, already looking to be drunk as her smile widened across her face, looking at us both, "You two look sexy, so glad you could make it,"

We only laughed as Ari walked in first, holding my hand as she was about to guide me through the party. Courtney had already disappeared once I closed the door, so we were left to find everything ourselves. Despite Ariana's usual anxiety, she seemed fine so far, considering it was Courtney's house, easily pulling us both through groups of people, on our way to the kitchen.

She went over to where the cups were, grabbing two red ones, going to go make us drinks. My eyes weren't exactly on her anymore, but just looking around the party. I knew some of the people here, I mean, we weren't exactly friends but I had either heard of them or spoke to them briefly.

"Baby," Ariana said, snapping me from my thoughts as she handed me a cup, which was just Lemonade since I was our DD and didn't care to drink anyway.

"Thank you," I smiled, just as she stood in front of me, leaning into my body as some of her friends were starting to join us in the kitchen.

"There she is!" Tayla squealed, coming over to hug Ariana with Victoria as the three were equally as excited to see each other. Once they broke apart, her eyes fell on me, "Greyson! Hi, it's so good to see you again—"

"Let's cut the bullshit though, I saw you two in the car like ten minutes ago," Victoria pointed out, looking between Ariana and I, suggestively.

Tayla looked at her frowning, "Girl, you're so late, Ariana told us they were dating like three months ago."

"She did?"

"Yes Vic," Ariana giggled, rolling her eyes playfully.

"Damn, well clearly you're treating our girl right, your windows were steamy as fuck,"

Ariana only shrugged, "Nothing out of the ordinary," her eyes looked over at me, "Everything okay? You're quiet."

"Oh yeah, I was just letting you guys talk,"

"Well, do you mind if I steal her from you for a minute, G? It'll be quick," Victoria asked.

"She's all yours—"

"Wait, I don't wanna leave her here though," Ariana blurted, causing Victoria and Tayla to stop.

"Baby, I'll be fine, just find me later and call if you need anything."

"Are you sure?"

"Promise," and with that, she left, sending me a small smile before she went, since we were in public and couldn't do much.

I decided not to stay in the kitchen though, making my way outside, where I spotted Jonas there, dancing with everyone else. I was gonna head back inside when his eyes met mine and he ushered me to come over.

Jonas grabbed my drink from my hands, bringing it up to his lips before shoving it back into my hands, "Ew, I hate lemonade bro."

I laughed, "It was all they had."

"Yeah because everyone else is picking up a cup," He pointed out, "Just make yourself one, at least for tonight."

"I'm driving us home."

"One drink won't hurt, but if you insist. Where's Ariana anyway though?"

"With her friends."

"Oh so that's why you're walking around like a lost puppy," Jonas laughed, before pausing, and his eyes were now focused on two girls behind us, a brunette and a blonde, "Hey, do you know the brunette?"