fourteen

ARIANA'S POV

It was past midnight, and the club was packed with people and performers. After a brief three months of not speaking, Courtney texted me out of the blue inviting me out with our friends, considering everyone was finally in town and it was Single's Night, which was enough to convince Alexa and Courtney to want to go.

Victoria and Tayla wanted to do something more chill, like go to a restaurant, which I agreed with. But despite us not being overruled, our other two friends begged to go, so we did, staying here and ordering food.

I was actually supposed to be with Greyson, who was currently with Liam and Jonas, helping her parents set up things for their upcoming party. Instead, I was stuck with loud music, smoke, and sweaty bodies.

"We should've told them no." Victoria sighed, eating her plate of wings as her service cut out once again, stopping the Netflix that played on her phone.

The service was horrible, as was the DJ who insisted on playing Justin Bieber's "Sorry" for the umpteenth time tonight.

"Yeah, we know you hate the club," I teased, causing Tayla to laugh, although Victoria didn't find this funny. She flipped us both off, before trying to unpause her show again, resulting in another failed attempt.

Alexa came over to our booth seconds later, slamming her glass down on the table. "Who's paying for drinks tonight? I need another shot." She clearly did not, considering she was already a mess, but Alexa was stubborn and insisted on drinking more tonight, so she'd have fun with her hangover tomorrow.

"Ariana," Tayla answered quickly, to which I was about to object. "You ghosted us for three months," That was all Alexa needed, immediately running to the bar since she didn't have to pay.

"Okay, I did not 'ghost' you, I was going through a breakup and needed to get away,"

"Way to let us know,"

"Honestly, I thought she moved to Mexico and changed her name," Victoria added, a couple of snickers coming from the table. "No seriously, and then I went to her house and saw 'for sale' signs. Did you move out of LA?"

"Not exactly," I shrugged, sipping on my drink. "My job has me in Vancouver usually, so I'm here sometimes,"

Tayla shook her head, with a small laugh. "Damn, I wish! Mine sucks."

"I know, I've honestly been thinking about quitting and pulling an Ariana."

"Strongly recommend, by the way, life is great," I said, smiling.

Victoria's eyebrow raised, "Oh, is that why you've been checking your phone all night?" Tayla looked at me for answers too. "Who is he?"

"Why do you automatically assume it's someone new in my life?"

"You've got the glow."

"She's definitely got the glow." Tayla laughed pointing at my face as if she were inspecting it.

I rolled my eyes. "Bullshit,"

"Yeah, yeah," Victoria said, brushing me off. "So, is it an ex or someone new? Possibly a fling or sneaky link?"

Now I could play this in many different ways; tell Victoria and Tayla about Greyson, although we were just friends, lie and say there was no one, or come up with an elaborate lie about someone else so they wouldn't know about Greyson.

"His name is Nolan and he's just a friend," I replied, lying smoothly as I watched the two women share excited looks.

"Just friends my ass," Tayla teased, eating some of her nachos. "Have you kissed yet?"