Chapter 4: Fun Proposal

Midoriya decided to give the villains a chance by staying with them a bit longer. Surprisingly, everyone seemed to like Midoriya being there, in their own ways. Toga stuck to Deku a lot and kept asking to let her drink his blood. Dabi's primary role was to keep her from doing such things.

Occasionally, Midoriya would find Dabi looking at him before giving him a snack. Dabi reminded Midoriya of a mother hen, always looking out for him. Then again, maybe a mother lion would be more accurate with his intimidating aura.

The twins, Yuya and Yuta, had been checking up on him daily to make sure he was feeling okay. One helped him work through his bad memories, while the other lent emotional support. Twice was incredibly nice, though weird. He more than anyone felt like he thought of everyone like family and was even more hyper than Iida.

Wait, Iida? That felt like fondness, didn't it? But he also-

The twins leaned on Midoriya on either side with a sweet smile on their faces. Midoriya smiled back happily thinking how adorable they were. It had only been a week, but Deku was starting to care for each of them, even Shigaraki, as he sees how Shigaraki protects each of them. They really were like a family...

Once the twins were asleep, Midoriya gently laid them down, and covered them with a blanket. As he left the room to let them sleep, a sudden voice startled him.

"You seem to be getting comfortable."

"Dabi!" Midoriya held his chest, hoping to keep his heart in place.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." As always, the slender, patchwork individual showed no emotion, reaching out to pet Midoriya's hair.

"Haha- It's fine," conceded Midoriya as he snuggled into Dabi's hand.

"So, what are your thoughts about staying here?"

"If it weren't for the bad things, you guys do-" Midoriya looks over to the sleeping twins as he continues, "you guys seem like a really good family."

"A family, huh? I've never had one so I can't comment."

"You've never had a family?"

"Not the typical kind..."

"Then what was yours like?"

"...That's a bit personal, don't you think?"

"Oh! I didn't mean to-"

"It's fine." Silence filled the room until Midoriya couldn't take it anymore. "Um... you know, if your family wasn't the best before, it's okay to think of your friends as family. I mean Twice really seems to take everyone here as family, so you could too."

Dabi pats Deku on the head. "Make sure to eat something before you go to bed." Dabi walked off without another word.

Midoriya watched as Dabi walked away, thinking, this is the kindest anyone has ever treated me... But I can't condone their actions, can I? More innocent people could die. What should I do?

><><><><><

"Dabi," Shigaraki called Dabi over to an isolated room in the facility. "The twins' quirks are working well, but that kid is still resisting. He needs something more to keep him here."

"What do you have in mind?"

"Show him more attention." Dabi tilted his head in confusion. Shigaraki smiled as he explained, "Toga sticks to him, but he doesn't take the bait. Instead, his focus is usually on you. Get it?"

Dabi averted his eyes from Shigaraki, as he sighs. "Do you hear yourself? You make it sound like the kid is lusting after me."

"Maybe he's not, but he is certainly attached to you." Shigaraki patted Dabi's shoulder with one finger not connecting. "Don't let us down."

"And if he doesn't fall for it?"

"Then kill him before he escapes."

Footsteps echoed down the hallway as Shigaraki departed. Dabi simply stayed put, listening to the following silence and thinking about what he needed to accomplish when Midoriya walked in, looking around.

"Ah! There you are! Twice just returned with more ramen. We can eat whenever-" Midoriya's body is pulled forward so suddenly that he doesn't comprehend what's happening. Midoriya looked up at Dabi as he realized Dabi's arms were around him. For the first time since they met, Midoriya saw a smile on Dabi's face.

"Thank you for letting me know, Izuku." The usual emotionless face had softened into a look that could only be described as loving. Transfixed on Dabi's beautiful blue eyes, Midoriya didn't move or respond.

"Izuku~!" Toga called from the other room, snapping Midoriya back to reality. He pushed himself away from Dabi and scurried towards the door.

"Y-you're welcome, Dabi! I- I have to go! Toga is calling me!" Midoriya stumbled as he exited the room, then calling out to the other room, "I'm coming, Toga!"

"Oh~ I like the sound of that!" Toga squealed in excitement.

Dabi looked down at his hand, with a smile spreading across his face. "This will be fun."