Chapter 14: Whiplash

"He's what now?" Hissed Shigaraki.

Beaten and bloody, the remaining forces of the league of villains gathered in a secret tunnel under the mountain where the villain headquarters once stood strong. Compress unwrapped gaze as Dabi held Compress's coat to his gut. Toga stood next to Dabi as Shigaraki glared daggers at them both.

"The heroes captured Izuku." whimpered Toga. She sniffled, missing her little cutie.

"We need a plan to get back Stain's successor!" Exclaimed Spinner.

"He was brainwashed. He wasn't really one of us," stated Yuta, his sister fiddling with her fingers through her sleeves.

"How can you say that? Beyond the brainwashing, he cared about us. Like the rest of you, he accepted me for who I am," said Twice. "Who said I accepted you? That's mean!" argued his other personalities.

"Dabi! I ordered you to kill that brat if-" Shrieked Shigaraki, before Dabi interrupted.

"If he turned his back on our group. Yeah. Yeah. I know." Dabi held his stomach as Compress finished wrapping it with bandages. "That's only if we can't bring him back. Besides, he was captured. He didn't choose to go."

"You know what I think? That act you've been putting on with that boy has gotten to your head."

"More like his heart!" Squealed Toga as she spun on her tiptoes.

"Fuck off, both of you. He's useful for our plans."

"B-but our quirks will wear off as time goes on. We've been with him daily for months now, so it could be a while before Yuta's suggestion wears off, but I need to look in his eyes within 24 hours before my overwhelming emotion leaves his nervous system." explained Yuya, barely able to make eye contact with Dabi.

"We just need to recover for now." Dabi smirked as he thought about the shock on Midoriya's face through the dust when he saw Dabi injured. "Leave the rest to me."

><><><><><

In the common room of the class 1-A dorms, Eraserhead and All-Might tried to hold back the many students, trying to pass their teachers and see their friend. Midoriya's house arrest had been going on for days with only the heroes, along with Bakugou and Todoroki being able to see him. The many students argued that Midoriya was protecting them during the raid, regardless of their position.

"We understand how you all feel, but it's still too soon to know if it's safe to let you all near Midoriya."

"What about the trial?! I heard one of the heroes at the raid saying Deku would be tried with the rest of the liberation," whimpered Uraraka, fighting the lump in her throat, her hands shaking.

"Yeah! That isn't fair! He was being brainwashed, right?!" exclaimed Kirishima

"Technically, that's correct, but from Midoriya's explanation, he did choose to stay with them," explained Eraserhead, also called Mr. Aizawa by his class of troublemakers.

"That's ridiculous! That's probably part of the brainwashing!" retorted Kirishima.

"Regardless, we need to look further into the situation before we let you all see him. Once we have a better grasp of the situation, he will most likely be released from all charges." Mr. Aizawa crossed his arms, unwilling to relent to his students. "Until then, only Bakugou and Todoroki will take turns watching over Midoriya, and a pro hero will keep guard outside his room. Don't get any ideas."

The students continued arguing and groaning. Although they couldn't make out the words, Midoriya and Bakugou could hear the mumbling from Midoriya's room. Sitting up on his bed, Midoriya fidgeted, glancing at the brooding blonde staring at him from across the room.