Chapter 13: No...

No...

Beyond the dark smoke, four figures became visible. Bakugou had been pushed aside by Eraserhead, while the hero Edgeshot had pierced through Dabi's body like a blade. Dabi kneeled, clutching his stomach, blood spreading rapidly, and dripping to the ground.

"Dabi!"

Midoriya struggled to his feet, his skin stinging from his burn with every movement. A hand grabbed onto his arm, but he pulled away, running towards his wounded partner. However, his super strength didn't propel him forward. He looked over to see Eraserhead staring at him, preventing Midoriya from using his quirk.

"Capture Midoriya!" shouted Eraserhead.

In an instant, Midoriya was encased in ice up to his elbows. A hard strike to the back of his neck, shocked Midoriya for a moment right before everything went black. Kirishima grimaced at his hardened hand, guiltriden from striking his friend. Todoroki caught Midoriya's limp body as he melted the ice.

A glint of light alerted the heterochromatic hero to cover the group with an ice wall, but as the reflective object rushed them, Bakugou deflected it. A dagger skipped across the ground as a crazy grin appeared behind Dabi. Her beige sweater, now turned half crimson from blood that was obviously not hers.

"Aw! That wasn't nice!"

"What the hell! You almost hit Deku!" shouted Bakugou, sparks flying from his hands.

"Yeah! Didn't you guys want him alive for something?" asked Uraraka.

"Izu's been captured." She licks some blood off one of her knives as she continues, "If I can't have him then why should you? Might as well enjoy his blood while I still have the chance."

"That's twisted!" yelled Kirishima, his body hardening instinctively through his anger.

"Toga, we should go," grunted Dabi.

"What? But Izu-"

"We're outnumbered and I'm injured. We need to regroup"

"You're not going anywhere!" Just as Edgeshot shot towards them, a wall of blue fire surrounded the villains. In an instant, they vanished into the flames. Edgeshot cursed, then turned to the group. "Take that boy to the rendezvous point, and make sure he's in anti-quirk cuffs."

"But Deku-"

"Uraraka, Edgeshot is right. We don't know what kind of brainwashing Midoriya is under. It's safer for all of us if he's confined at first," stated Kirishima

The group nodded before retreating from the battlefield. Once safe, Todoroki gently laid Midoriya down on one of the reserve beds for the injured. Kirishima put the cuffs on the boy, while each classmate frowned, conflicted seeing the sweetest hero in such a state.

"IcyHot-"

"What is it?"

"You shouldn't respond to his insults Todoroki," said Uraraka.

"It's an insult?"

"Both of you shut up!"

"Calm down Bakubro. I know this whole thing is stressful-"

"You too, Shitty Hair! IcyHot, I heard what you said to Deku out there!"

"What did I say?" Asked Todoroki.

"Don't play dumb! You told me you thought of Deku as a friend!"

"We are friends."

"But you told him that you-! That you loved him."

Todoroki's eyes widened for a moment before he covered his mouth with his hand, a light pink showing on his cheeks. Kirishima, Uraraka and Bakugou stared in disbelief at the normally emotionless face.