Chapter 19: Love

Comfortable breathing gently lifted Midoriya's chest in a calm rhythm as he snuggled into the warmth next to him. He reluctantly opened his eyes. The room was dark, but he was once again under an unfamiliar ceiling. He felt a weight over his chest, causing him to look down to see an arm leading to a sexy figure with dark hair and no shirt on. Midoriya fumbled away from the figure.

"What's wrong, Izuku?" Dabi turned onto his back as he smirked, his eyes never leaving Midoriya.

Midoriya racked his brain to remember how they ended up like this. He remembered kissing and touching a bit but then nothing. He was at least still in his underwear, and as he moved away, the sheets pulled down showing Dabi had pants on. Had he already been brainwashed somehow? His memories and dreams seemed scrambled. He snapped back to reality when he realized Dabi's face was right in front of him. Midoriya stumbled backwards and fell off the bed. Dabi laughed, taking the chance to get out of bed himself.

"You really are innocent."

"Wh-what happened?"

"What do you think?" Dabi put on his shirt. "I have to go. The twins will babysit you." He opened the door, revealing the twins waiting outside. "Be a good boy while I'm gone."

After Dabi vanished from sight, Midoriya took a moment to sit in silence, racking his brain for any sliver of memory from the previous night. A familiar heat rose to his cheeks as he pictured Dabi's aggressiveness the previous night. They struggled against each other for what seemed like hours, heat engulfing Midoriya's entire body. He pushed at Dabi's body, fighting for any ounce of oxygen, but Dabi was relentless in his attack as he dove deeper into Midoriya's mouth. Had he passed out at some point?

The door hesitantly opened, a small hand gripping onto the frame as Yuya peeked in. She waited, unsure how the young hero would react to her presence. Midoriya remembered he was basically naked, and quickly pulled the sheets off the bed to cover himself. A shirt and jeans came into his vision as he finished wrapping himself. Yuya was nearly in tears as she silently offered Midoriya clothes.

"Thanks," said Midoriya as he took the clothes from her tiny hands. He slipped his arms into the sleeves as he searched his mind for the right thing to say. How should he feel for one of the people who tricked him?

"Izu, are you mad at us now?" asked Yuya. Midoriya looked up at her sweet face, tears welling up in her eyes.

"I certainly don't like being tricked," said Midoriya, but soon patted her head as he continued. "But I know you didn't want to." Midoriya caught a glimpse of white in the doorway, leading his eye over to the emotionless expression of Yuta. "How about you, Yuta?"

"What about me?"

"Does any of this bother you?" asked Midoriya.

"I don't know. I just do what I'm told." Yuta closed the door, and walked in headed for the bed.

"Then have you already started brainwashing me?"

"Does it feel like I've altered your memories?" asked Yuta. Midoriya felt weird since he woke up, like his dreams were scrambled, and he had a hard time saying no to Dabi the previous night. He was definitely under some kind of control. However, he could easily remember his good relationships with his classmates. Yuta looked over to Midoriya from his position on the bed. "There'd be no use trying to use my quirk on you now that you know how it works. You'd be able to fight it."

"So if not you then..." Midoriya turned back towards Yuya, seeing her looking down at her hands as she wrung her sleeves. "Yuya, be honest with me."

"I'm sorry Izu." Yuya looked straight into Midoriya's eyes as she let her tears fall. "I just don't want you to leave!" She gripped onto Midoriya's shirt as she clung to him. "Please don't leave us! You're the only one who loves us!"

Midoriya's heart stung as he wrapped his arms around her trembling body. He understood her quirk only exacerbated his emotions, but he couldn't turn away from her. Whether she was controlling him or not, he could tell her sobs were real.

Dabi had said that she could only heighten one emotion at a time, so what emotion was she drawing on that was forcing him to act the way he had since he woke up? He couldn't say no to Dabi. Every time he thought of leaving, his stomach churned. Finally, he didn't want to let go of the girl in his arms. If he could put one word to it all...

"Yuya, I love you so much." He tightened his hold on the little girl. "You and Yuta are like a little brother and little sister to me."

"So, you won't leave, right?"

Midoriya smiled down bitterly as he spoke. "I'm sorry, but you know this isn't right." He wiped some tears off her flushed cheeks. "I need to go back to all my friends."

Yuta turned onto his side towards his sister and Midoriya. "What about Dabi?"

"Don't even try, Yuta." Midoriya smiled at the boy, who frowned in defeat, his own tears starting to wet his eyes. "I've made my decision."

Midoriya admitted it to himself; he must have had real feelings for Dabi. That's why he didn't want to leave. However, their relationship was fabricated. He fell for someone who he thought cared deeply for him when no one else did, but that wasn't true. He now knew he had people who cared for him. His mom, classmates, Todoroki, and even Bakugou. He couldn't stay there. People were worried about him.

"If you want to make this up to me, though," said Midoriya as he patted Yuya's hair, "I have a proposition."

><><><><><><><

Bakugou and Todoroki stood in front of Mr. Aizawa and All-Might, pleading to go out searching for Midoriya, hoping it wasn't too late to catch up.

"The two guards you found in the dumpster may not make it, and you already know the amount of casualties we faced against the liberation," said Mr. Aizawa, glaring his students down. "We can't send two students after them."

"I know how hard this is on you both. We just got him back not long ago," said All-Might.

"This is crap!" Bakugou exclaimed, ready to push past his teachers, but a stern hand gripped his shoulder. He glared up into the tired eyes of his homeroom teacher.

"Bakugou! Remember how running off on your own yielded no results when he was kidnapped before!"

"He's right, young Bakugou. We will gather who we can to do reconnaissance, but other than that, we can't do anything more-"

"You call him your successor, and you're okay with leaving things like this?!" asked Bakugou.

All-Might stepped back, shocked that Bakugou said that in front of others. Todoroki looked over to All-Might. Successor? He knew he was right about Midoriya being All-Might's secret child.

"I'm sorry, young man, but there's just nothing we can do for him."

"But," Todoroki interjected, "they were willing to kill him the last time we saw them, and Midoriya's memories aren't all back yet." Todoroki thought back to the marks on Midoriya's neck. "What if something worse happens to him this time?"

Silence filled the room. All-Might didn't want to admit that things were worse off than last time Midoriya was taken. Mr. Aizawa pulled his scarf up over his chin as he sighed, looking away from his students.

"I'm sorry."