Present Day

"I'll never know everything The Anti took from you," the presenter says, sounding like a phony. "But everyone knows of how tragic it was when Logar's father died."

Logar looks down at his shoes. They're black combat boots, even now.

"I'm sorry, Logar," Sveta says. "I really am."

Logar is not looking at her. He's not looking at anyone. He keeps his eyes glued to the floor, and his hand in Sveta's hand.

This time, he doesn't let go of it.

"Doesn't matter," he says quietly. "It's in the past."

"I am afraid we were never able to show you how sorry we were," Sveta adds unhelpfully.

"You were," Logar confirms. "Except for when you tried to change Visionary. But it's understandable. I was... a lot, to handle."

Percie smiles tightly. "Hey. Don't underestimate yourself. You still are."

"It's weird," Logar replies. "I don't remember us getting along, like, ever. But is seems easy now. Well, easy-ish. If I get out of prison you probably wouldn't be invited over at my house, but I guess I could stand you, for a birthday party."

"Well, I want to come over at your house," Sveta says. "Or even better. You can come to mine. I have an idea: if you get out of jail, you can come live at my house."

Everyone turns around to look at her, no one more surprised than Logar.

"Sveta, what do you mean?" Logar's voice trembles, and is uncertain. "Do you have a house?"

"I think," Sveta replies to Logar's previous question. "That we used to like each other back then. Kind of. But we always had too much pressure, and in the end, the bad outdid the good."

Logar smiles crookedly. "It sure did."

The presenter coughs, as if to get back the spotlight on himself. "We once found a picture of one of you kissing another member of the group. It was taken by paparazzi one day, and the person who initiated the kiss declared they found out about the picture only recently. However, they confirmed there was no intimacy with the other member of Power of Sight, just a desire to pull on a kiss on someone safe, to know how kissing felt."

"Are you talking about Logar and Jonath?" Percie laughs.

He was the only one who laughed. "I don't think so," Sveta raises a dark eyebrow. "Jonath would have freaked out. I think. He would mildly freak out."

The presenter laughs uneasily. "I can't imagine Jonath Cincinnati not freaking out, can you, audience at home?"

The whole program was broadcasted and it lasted days. Since there would be small breaks for the presenter and the guests, the people at home could simply choose to turn in on the social media of their choice and follow the live recording. It wasn't possible to have a real audience there.

Of course the very small breaks were not enough for the guests, especially Logar, with his frail health.

"Either way," Sveta says. "It was me. Talking about you, Perce."

Percie becomes an unflattering shade of green-ish.

"I know, I know," Sveta says. "You must hate me now. I know you've never thought about me that way and that I was too forward, but it's okay. I kissed a... a man, an older man. I mean, he kissed me."

"Whoa, Sveta," the presenter laughs. "Do you know what they used to say back in the day about Netflix shows? No spoilers!"

"Wait, hold on," Logar asks her instead. "A man? Are you sure it's okay? How old were you?"

He seems to remember Sveta was only a child when she was first taken to the Dormitory.

In the meantime, Percie is angry at Sveta. "Hate you? Maybe, but not for the reasons you say. How thick can you be? You know I had a crush on you."

"I knew it!" Sveta explodes. "I knew you always thought I was dumb!"

"Well if it helps," Logar drawls. "I always thought the dumbest out of us was Percie. Definitely not you."

"Wh... you know what? Screw you," Percie says, but he looks calmer. "I always thought the dumbest was Jonath Cincinnati."

"Me too," Sveta says.

"I remember now," Logar says, smirking. "Why it wasn't easy to get along."