Present Day

"So everything Jonath did was blown out of proportion," the presenter says in disbelief.

"More or less," Jay says. "I do have a temper, but I had a worse reputation to match."

"Still, your reputation mustn't have been completely exaggerated. There's talks that the Kevin Foster Prison was opened again just for you."

"Ah but we were only there for a night," Logar says.

"At first. But it was then opened again for you when you were accused of the murder of The Anti."

Of course Logar knows that. He remembers that. How the people in power had declared that he was dangerous and that there wasn't any hope to reform him in the Temple. In it, there was no section D, for President Marcum White seemed to have declared that a mad woman was harder to reform than a dangerous man.

Well, Logar was accused to be the worst of it. Worse than a section D girl. Someone simply stood up, in court, and said, "Let's lock him up and throw away the key."

Being in court was one of the few things Logar recalled of the end of 2060. All the weeks before and after The Anti's death were a blur. If he tried asking his friends, he would find out they didn't remember much more.

Still, the witchhunt was fresh in his memory. How they'd taken a look at what made him different --- his famous photos with yellow hair, his dark clothing, his sassy attitude, and declared it was what made him dangerous.

"The truth is that I'm tired to be judged for who I'm not," Logar says. "I didn't kill The Anti. I've said it every day of my life for the past six years."

"I know you told me it could have been anyone," the presenter says as if Logar is slow. "But to get you out we need proof it was someone else."

Jay cannot listen to this any longer. "The only proof you need," she says. "Is that he hasn't done it. And we haven't arrived to that part of the story yet. We won't walk away from here without proof that Logar has not killed Michaim Toutatis."

"If there was proof, we could have found it six years ago," Percie says.

"I believe something is now different," Jay replies. "Haven't you been feeling a little... clearer? In the memories department?"

The presenter doesn't know what she means, but the others do. Forgetting has always been a constant in their quests, whether it was them forgetting or the people around them.

There was, obviously, a reason for that. Jay knows this. But she cannot, for the time being, remember what this reason is.

"Well, the six years in jail sure are a blur," Logar says, which Jay doesn't find encouraging. Who or what could have messed with Logar's mind in jail?

"Well, it would be easier if one of you actually knew what happened to The Anti. If someone had witnessed his murder, or suicide."

That's when Jay cannot keep it inside anymore.

"I actually did witness it," she blurts out.