Past - Logar

I kept throwing stuff at the wall. Mugs, glasses, even the teapot.

I was being horrible. I should know, I was doing it on purpose. But those were the only things we owned.

Every day The Anti came to talk to us, and I blacked out the things he said. Every day he took a toilet break, and we all suspected it was because he wanted to check out if we kept the bathroom clean.

He did it mid-breakfast, and, every day, during his toilet break, I spat in his cup of coffee.

Until one day, the Power of Sight told him, and asked him if they could have a new Visionary.

Michaim Toutatis stroked his chin. "That's a good question," he said. "I think we should replace him. But you see, he has the gift."

"But we haven't seen him!" Sveta yelled. "How do we know it's even true? Maybe he was just having a seizure. His body tends to do... things like that!"

I wasn't even hiding behind a door. I was there. Everyone knew I was listening.

"Maybe," Percie tried the diplomatic approach. "He just needs to take a few weeks off from the job, to deal with his grief."

"But you are taking a few weeks off," The Anti reasoned. "You haven't been out in days. You can't ask him to take a break from living with you, until he does."

"Well, I wish he didn't," Lix complained.

"You need to focus on the bigger picture," Michaim said. "Logar needs to deal with his rage if you're going to fuck the world. People with anger management issues do not get laid."

"I don't think that's true," Sveta said, a little too smugly for my taste.

"Fuck the world?" I asked. "Is that what we need to do now? Like a last century anarcho movement? Really?"

"You're the change," Michaim replied. "They fucked the world with a condom. You will impregnate it, and leave it pregnant with your ideas, until it will birth your revolution."

"Goodbye," I said. "I deserve more than to be listening to this."

I went to my father's house, and decided to live there for a few days, or until someone asked me about the rent. I still hadn't seen money from The Anti. The house made me miss my father so much. It made me regretful of how things between the two of us had went down. 

At least it was our nice, little house. We had a TV and almost every thing a poor but needy boy like me could wish for. We still have mugs and we still had a teapot.

We. It still hurts to say it. I should have learnt to replace the 'we' with 'I'.

I turned the TV on, and, with great horror, found The Anti staring back at me on the news. Of course, ever since he'd taken his credit for us, it was obvious he would show up on television all the time and that he must have already done a lot of interviews.

I wish he would have told us. Who knows what had gone down during my days of grief.

I turned the volume up, because the presenter was showing a blurry and totally unflattering picture of myself.

The Anti was saying, "As for the Visionary, Logar, we're still not sure what he is," he chuckled idiotically. "We're thinking a mongrel, a breeding between a human being and a freaky Halloween creature."

To my honest surprise, the presenter, who was a cute Asian girl, said, "But he's soooo handsome though! I mean, look at those cheekbones."

My unflattering picture was zoomed on a more flattering side of my face.