Present Day

"Now, I'd like to talk about Sveta's past," the presenter says. "I know she only came out to tell bits and pieces of it during recent interviews. Are you all aware of everything she's said so far?"

Sveta looks really pale, much more so than usual, Percie still looks green-ish after all that time, and Logar is wiping his eyes.

"Just so you know, sorry I waited a while to say this," Percie says. "But I've never found you dumb."

"Just thick, apparently," Sveta replies.

"See, I don't know why I said that. You always outsmarted me with words."

"With words."

"Take it as a compliment, Sveta, it's words that counts. We don't outsmart each other with grunts," Logar says.

"Well, maybe with actions," Percie looks angry. "For a man with a fantastic choice of words you could really try being smarter in your actions."

"Why are you being like that?" Sveta asks.

"Don't worry. Men. This is how they act when you reject them," Logar winks. "I should know."

Nobody actually buys that, even though Sveta looks surprised and a little sad.

"Maybe Logar is actually right for once," Percie huffs. "I'm sorry, Sveta. I've moved on from you. Really. Or I wouldn't have gone public saying I have a crush on you. I like someone else now. But it still stings."

The presenter coughs.

Sveta wonders why he tries to bring them back to Earth every time they get distracted and say interesting things. Gossip like this is surely the reason the audience turned on the television in the first place. Isn't it?

"Do you, Percie," Logar misses the words for once. "Do you actually believe I killed The Anti? Speaking of dumb actions."

Percie looks a little sorry. "I did, at first. The others never did."

Logar's face changes. It's a mask of pain now. "Then why didn't you do anything to help me?"

"I'm sorry, Logar, it's long and complicated, but we wanted to," Sveta says.

"Tell him," Percie suggests.

"It was my idea that they looked into your case again," she tells her friend sheepishly. "It was the only thing I could come up with for a while. And at first... there were problems. Don't worry, I will tell you all of them in due time. But in the meantime, we're here because of my decision. Well, Perce agreed to it, and so obviously did Jonath."

"Ane didn't, I guess," Logar arches an eyebrow. "It's okay. I wasn't expecting everyone to believe me. And I am sorry for saying the rest of you did it. If it helps, I never meant Jonath Cincinnati."

"How does that help me?" Sveta asks.

"Anyway," Logar says. "I understand why everything led back to me. I'm just happy I can tell my truth now."

"I wonder what could bring the three of you together, if you know, you had to find middle ground."

"I think, that, ultimately, it's the fact we were all forced to join," Logar comments. "None of us choose that."

"Well, that sounds sensible," Sveta says. "If only you weren't joking."

"I'm not. I'm dead serious," Logar declares, and soaks in the surprised looks he gets.

The presenter starts to laugh. "Ha! Good one!"

Logar remembers that the old fart has never laughed at any of his real jokes before.

"I really did mean that one," he says. "I know you're asking yourself why Gary Gary quite contrary would say something like that."

"Let's read it, then," the presenter gulps.

"Wait," Sveta asks Logar. "Did you just call yourself Gary?"