Present Day

"We decided to ask you fan questions we received online," the presenter says. "First off..."

Jonath Cincinnati takes out a cigarette, lights it and takes a puff. Everyone is horrified, but Logar Iris feels somehow thrilled.

It's starting.

"I don't want to be questioned," Jonath says. "There's the police for that, and I've had my share. I don't think I owe anyone the explanations of my life choices."

"Those are just simple fan questions..." the presenter tries to make amends.

"I don't want to hurt the fans by saying that, but when you've always been an underdog, suddenly question sounds like explanation."

"We already know either way that what you all want to know is who killed The Anti," Percie comments. "I think he killed himself to bring to just that. His final experiment. We all know Logar was framed for it, but Logar says he didn't do it. And I think everyone knows I wouldn't have it in me."

"Excuse me," Logar says. "Maybe the serial killers are the ones who look like the hot boy next door, after all. And not the ones who dress in black and say dirty words."

"What about Sveta?" Jonath asks. "Do you think Sveta did it?"

"Why do you ask?" Percie wants to know, but Logar understands that what Jonath wants is a character witness.

"I can't say for sure she wouldn't have it in her because she's the strongest person I know," Logar says. "But come on. The Anti was like Dear Old Daddy to her."

Jonath puts out the cigarette on his ripped jeans. "I've never understood her much at all, myself," he says. "But we did have a lot of fun together."

The presenter shudders, probably thinking about what 'fun' entails for Jonath Cincinnati.

"Are you all going out of your mind?" Percie asks. "Of course it wasn't Sveta, she never even wanted to be the Grenade. She had so much violence done to her that she came to loathe it. Are we even discussing it?"

"Well," Jonath adds. "How about me?"

"You?" Logar asks, and laughs. "Well, it would make what everyone says about you true. Or maybe not. The Anti was a sick bastard and if any of us killed him, it might have been self defence."

"It could have been anyone, you know," Jonath says. "Anyone. One of his seven ex wives. One of his children. Ane Dioretsa, even. Maybe even a stranger who was sick of his politics. Anyone who wanted to take revenge on the President. It could be anyone over the whole world, and the only thing you know is that he was found with a wound bleeding in his stomach --- might have stabbed himself for all we know."

"After all, what we all know for sure," Logar adds. "Is that The Anti's worse fear was becoming old. The pills only help up to a certain point. He would have died of old age sooner or later, and before he got to that age, some of the wrinkles would have started showing."

The presenter doesn't look quite convinced. For him, this is just a waste of time like any other. He thinks the cult isn't saying anything of relevance because they want to confuse him.

"Where has Sveta Metis gone, either way?" he wants to know, tapping on his table as if the three criminals in front of him are just rowdy children.

"Oh, for God's sake," Jonath says. "I wanted to keep it a secret for longer, but I am Sveta Metis."