Present Day

"Well, if you have anything stupid to say," Sveta tells Logar. "Say it now."

Logar actually looks deep in thought. "Well, nothing was A-okay, you know what I mean. It was A-diarrhea. Though there was that Christmas..." Logar starts saying, longingly, and then laughs. "I forgot that we actually had some good times, before The Anti died and I went to prison. Those six years are a blur."

The other members of the Power of Sight nod. They've often felt the same way, as if they could barely remember what had gone down after The Anti died. 

"And that time when that man asked Logar about the Parliament," Sveta sighs. "It wasn't the last time people would make up things about us."

"Well, so far you were exactly like I imagined you," the presenter says. "Though I have to say, there are obvious differences. The Anti did not come up with Logar's style, and Lix was unjustly killed. Those two things, if we decide to believe you, debunk two of the most important myths about the group. But I bet that, for historians everywhere who looked at this recent piece of history many more times than me, your biographies read together debunk more than one myth. And the thing I totally wasn't expecting -- you generally seem to agree with each other about what has gone down."

"Well, we all had eyes and ears, and none of us feels like lying," Sveta blurts out. Everyone looks at her. Logar is a little impressed.

"But at first, we were tighter than what people assume," Logar adds. "When and if we get to the end of the story, right before The Anti was murdered, then our opinions about many things will diverge. Or undoubtedly, some of us will reveal secrets the others weren't expecting."

"I don't think anyone is here to confess the murder," Sveta says. But she can't be sure. Logar keeps saying he's innocent, but what else would he be thinking about? 

However, Sveta is sure of one thing. Logar didn't kill The Anti. He's not the type. He would never harm a fly, let alone kill a man. It doesn't matter what the journalists, or the historians, would say about him. It doesn't even matter if he could have done it to get revenge for his father's murder.

Logar laughs bitterly. "I said secrets the others weren't expecting. You lot turned me in for The Anti's murder."

"We didn't!" Sveta objects. She keeps saying that. She doesn't remember exactly what happened -- the memory of it probably too shocking -- but she knows one thing. They couldn't have turned Logar in. She wouldn't have done that.

"Now, if you don't mind, we're going to talk about that particular Christmas," the presenter says.

Sveta doesn't know if she agrees. She had loved that Christmas, but it was when only Logar knew she was Jonath and Percie and The Anti hadn't found that out yet. And she'd be damned the presenter finds that out.

"Yes," Logar rubs his neck, a little pleased and flustered. "I understood it was about to come, considering the timeline we're following. We're going strictly in chronological order, aren't we?"

"Well, why not?" the presenter replies. "It's the only way to study history."

"Oh, but you can't study history," Logar replies. "Things happen in a moment, and then they're gone. Who says they can know what went down, or why it did, are only fooling themselves."

"Is that why in that anarchic, infamous speech you put on on March 14th 2061, you said 'the time is now'?"

"I do believe it," Logar looks serious, and unbothered. "The time is now. Let it slip through your hands, thinking it will make sense later, and do you know how you end up?"

"How?" the presenter is unnerved.

"With empty hands, and yet another moment slipped away."