Present Day

"If you did witness it, why don't you tell us?" the presenter asks.

"Because before I want to expose The Anti for who he really was. All of his violence and his lies. If part of me always felt like a child of Michaim, that part doesn't exist anymore as the story of the Power of Sight becomes clearer in my mind."

"You mean that before you told it to me, the memories were foggier?"

"That's right," Percie marvels. "They were."

"I agree, though I'm one who always makes sure I have my marbles all in one place," Logar says. "They did feel more... scattered, before."

"I don't think you all understand how serious the situation is," the presenter closes his fist and beats it on the table. "Jay is telling me that she's a witness to The Anti's murder, or suicide, and she's not telling us how it went!"

"Oh, so now we don't understand how serious it is?" something dangerous flashes in Logar's eyes. "I did my time six years for this. Do you think I take it lightly? Or do you think us so foolish that we can't even talk about someone's suicide or murder without taking the piss?"

"I do think that she's trying to protect one of you," the presenter says angrily. "And she's stalling to come up with excuses before she tells all of it."

"Or maybe The Anti was killed by a stranger, and she's waiting to tell us, in chronological order, as you say, who this stranger was and what were their motives," Percie adds wittily.

"Or maybe The Anti snuffed himself and she's waiting to tell us why he would have done that," Logar comments. "Because, you know, one needs a motive."

The presenter frowns. "Now it really looks as if you're making fun of me."

"Look, this is serious," Jay finally says. "We know it, okay? Logar, as he said himself, did time for this. What people will never tell you about us is that, besides for some rough moments where we were driven apart by outside forces, we're thick as thieves. I already told you I called the detective who re-opened the case. I'm not leaving here until you get Logar Iris out of jail."

Logar had felt betrayed, for six years, that Jay was coming to visit but hadn't done much more than that. He wonders if those years can be fixed in a day, but he's willing to try. He doesn't know what happened to the others while he was in prison, but now he understands they mustn't have been free to do anything.

Percie, Logar could understand. Percie thought Logar had killed The Anti, and while he mustn't have been happy to see his friend locked up, he thought Logar had done something to deserve it. But Jay knew the truth, something not even Logar knew. There must have been a reason, Logar understands, why she'd never spoken up before.

"If you have a little patience," Jay adds. "We'll get there. We were just starting to describe the operation Logar and I renamed the apocalypse."

"Because of the world's end?" the presenter asks, as if they're stupid.

"Because of a new world starting."