Present Day

"I want to talk about the the mission where..." the presenter tries to ask.

"No," Sveta replies. "We don't talk about that. Ever."

Logar takes his face in his hands. 

"Sometimes," he says. "There's nothing to comment. We all know what happened, why and when. Everyone knows now The Anti was trying to pit us against the other. We all know I've never said so many unkind words about Sveta, and she about me. And we all know what happened during that mission. Why..." his voice breaks. "It was broadcasted. Live. Half the world saw it happened. I think it's what really kickstarted everything."

"Do you think The Anti did it on purpose?" the presenter asks.

"He certainly had an inkling things could got that way," Percie replies. "He has, I mean, had, Logar's power. As far as we're aware, he used it to sense what was the possible move. But he's never planned through any of the tragedies that propelled us forward. He didn't plan for Logar's father to be killed, or for Lix. Those things happened, and he used them..."

"He was a big baby," Sveta adds. "It was all a game to him. He did manipulate us, but his comprehension of the events that were unraveling could only go so far. Many things, he didn't understand them."

"Which is worse, in a way," Logar says, his voice still rough.

"In a certain way, yes," Sveta agrees.

"So," the presenter says soberly. "We move on to discussing something else, right?"

The group exchanged looks.

"Maybe we're tired," Sveta clarifies. "I hope not. I hope we still have things to say. But not about that..."

"It's really hard commenting this part of our story," Logar jokes. "Because we all agree on how it happened and who was to blame. You won't find us trying to outsmart or kill the other over what happened that day. It was what it was, and I think most of us could claim it was the worst day of our lives."

"Let's move on, then," the presenter insists. "One of you once said, 'It was really terrible, in a way, to be part of something so calculated'."

"I said that," Sveta says.

"You did?!" Logar looks surprised. Too surprised.

"Yes, you didn't think I agreed?" Sveta challenges. "I've never liked phony people or artificial things. Only reason I still like The Anti is because he was kind to me. I don't think I would hang out with him, as a person."

"Well, you would never hang out with any of us except for working things, so excuse me, maybe you like me as much as The Anti," Logar bites back. "I think I have the right to know."

"You realy don't," Sveta says. "But it's okay. I know you've always felt like this whole thing was really about you. It was not. But I think, with age, I am starting to understand it must have felt bad. To be the Visionary of the Vision. You obviously had all eyes on you. And while you'd never had a problem with that... it must not have been easy."

"I know that, as the Grenade, you were just as important," Logar replies. "But it really took my life from me, you know? My father, my future... hell, I even went to prison because of it. Obviously if not everyone had known my face and what I stood for, or pretended I stood for, no one would have found it obvious to charge me with The Anti's murder. Perhaps he would have never died if he didn't run into us, because God knows who killed him and why. Maybe he'd like to be given a metaphorical place in the gang, and be called The Martyr."

Sveta does not like The Anti anymore, but those things are really a lot to hear. She fears all colour has drained from her face. "Logar, come on. It's not funny."

"It's okay, you know, Metis. You never did get my humor."