27 | Carter & Amaya - part 2

hey loves!
If you're enjoying this story, then please do give a chance to my new story Breaking Pierce too.
Your support would be much appreciated!

♡ follow me on Wattpad ♡
iya_fictional

A M A Y A

I book an Uber as soon as Kyle and Stephen leave and the ride to Carter's penthouse in an Uber is one of trepidation.

Once I reach his building, I rush to the elevators.

Typing the password takes another three minutes because my mind is a mess of worrying scenarios. I am shaking as the doors slide open into his penthouse.

The first thing I see is the couch, immediately recalling flashes of seeing Carter and Molly a few hours ago. Shaking my head off the horrid image in my head, I walk straight to where I know Carter's bedroom is.

The door is open and at first glance, I spot Dawson leaning over the bed.

I have been to Carter's bedroom only once and it is a dark space with mostly black and grey colors adorning every object. The walls are a mix of certain pastel colors which provide the only soft touch to the cave. His black stereo stands out beside his television set.

I stop at the door as Dawson presses a wet cloth over the forehead of the man lying in the king-sized bed. Carter is writhing in it, still dressed in the same clothes I saw him before, except there are wet patches all over his body. He is sweaty and shivering.

I almost stumble at the scene, my back hitting the door which makes Dawson turn to me.

He is dressed only in his shirt and a pair of trousers. The sleeves of his shirt are folded to his elbows and the look on his face is one of genuine stress. When he sees me, his visage lights up a little.

"Amaya! Thank goodness you're here!" he exclaims, walking towards me with brisk speed.

I am startled to the core when the huge man presses me to his chest, engulfing me in a hug so tight it almost churns my insides. I am squished in his hold, unable to decipher the meaning of the gesture.

"Dawson..." I gasp as he pulls away after a few seconds.

"Amaya, you gotta see him. He's a mess," he says, running a hand friskily over his face.

I look at Carter who does look extremely sick. His skin has never been this pale before. He is mumbling something in his sleep which is not clear.

I slowly move towards the bed to stop beside him. I reach a hand up, touching his forehead which is not that hot but still burning a little. Carter's body jerks up but his eyes don't open.

"Pleasebringher...back..." he mumbles.

I narrow my eyebrows, looking up at Dawson. The man looks close to crying.

"He has a fever. He'll be okay in the morning," I tell him. "You didn't have to call me for this, Dawson."

My words are harsh but I can't stop them. Carter has broken my heart enough for me to not wish to suffer more. I only wish to forget him now and keep living the life I lived with my son before he stormed in.

"Amaya..please don't go," Dawson pleads, looking dejected at my refusal to stay.

I ignore him and am about to move from the bed, when a hand grabs my wrist, causing me to trip.