36 | where we end

you know what to do...
100 comments for the last and final update!

A M A Y A

If fairy tale endings are real, I am currently living mine.

Carter is standing where I have imagined him standing all these years — right opposite me as the Minister begins his sermon with a clearing of his throat.

It all happened in the blink of an eye.

Right after Carter said that he was going to marry me right here, he made Dawson arrange a Minister the first thing. The aviation area where the private jets are kept was cleared out because Carter Bell wanted us to marry there.

I couldn't walk with the bruises on my feet which I got from running barefoot on the runway so he carried me there. Jeremy took the task of babysitting Parker while the entire workers of the private runway became busy following their boss's orders.

The Minister arrived in a limo with a countenance that made him appear like he had been kidnapped by Dawson. He was horrified by such treatment until Carter offered him a lifetime of income for this one marriage.

Now, he is marrying us and I am so giddy with excitement that I cannot even stand still.

"Do you have your vows prepared?" the Minister asks.

Carter and I both glance at each, both having the same answer to that question. We have had our vows prepared since the first time he proposed to me.

"Yes," I say.

The Minister gestures for us to continue and I immediately reach for Carter's warm hands. I blanket them with my own, feeling his love brushing my skin most intimately.

My future husband has a cocky grin on his face as he waits for me to speak.

"I once had a crush on you, Carter Bell," I start my vow, recalling each word of it that has been imprinted on my mind for years now. "It was a little schoolgirl crush which I didn't think would go anywhere. I stared at you all day — admiring you from afar. Then you crashed into my life like a storm and turned everything around. I love you, Carter Bell. I have loved you forever and from today, I take you as my husband in sickness and in health and I promise to follow you even to death if it takes. This is my vow to you."

Carter's eyes are glistening with held-back tears. He inhales deeply, squeezing my hands between his.

"Amaya Sommers, I want to start by saying that I'm not good at making promises," he begins. "But a vow? I believe I already made one for you years ago. I vowed to you that as long as my heart has a beat, it will beat for you and it still holds. I began falling in love with you when we were seventeen and I still find myself falling every day. You have no idea how much I love you and fortunately, I'll have our entire lives to show you that."

Warmth fills my heart, making me smile widely at him. Carter and I are both grinning at each other like we are having a secret conversation in our silence.

"Rings?" the Minister inquires.

Dawson immediately steps forward, producing two ring boxes from the inside pocket of his suit. He opens them both, displaying simple diamond wedding bands to the eyes. The rings both look similar and I couldn't be happier to find them matching.

Carter takes one while I take another. We both giggle like kids as he puts his ring on my finger first and then I put mine on his. Our fingers of both hands intertwine together as we step closer, knowing that it is done.