Chapter 3: Will I be you? Will you be me?

"Are we still friends?"

Uncontrollable tears begin to well up in my eyes. The ominous silence consumes us.

"W-Well? Aren't you delighted to see me?" he pleads, grasping desperately my arm harder.

"I-I want to go, Heemin..." I start crying. "Can't you just..."

"..." he looks at me with the most terrifying expression ever. "What do you mean you "want to go"? Where do you want to go? Away from me, like the last time?"

I attempt to swallow away the heavy feeling in my throat.

"Do you know how hard I was trying to find you? I went to your father; I try to go around places you might have visited, I searched the whole internet. Just to find you. Why are you so... Scared?"

"I'm sorry, Heemin." I sniff. "I just... Wasn't expecting you..."

He lets go of my arm and wipes away my tears. "Did you think I would go ahead with our plan without you?" he laughs, "I wouldn't even try! That's why I was seeking to find you!"

Looking at my beat-up shoes on the ground, I try to silence all that he's saying.

"I went to go out of my way to ask your dad! He started yelling at me, that you are not his son anymore, and stuff like that. He couldn't at least tell me where you live."

"I hope you didn't try anything, though! That would be mean." he smiles. "You didn't do anything, right?"

"No," I say while still looking at the ground.

"Liar, I went through your trash and found a tied-up noose."

I stare stupidly at him dumbfounded.

"This meeting isn't the first I saw you since our last seeing each other. I saw you a couple of months ago taking out the trash, I tried to call for you, but you scarcely disappeared. Such a shame."

"Ummm... Why would you go through my trash, though?"

"I guess I wanted to know more about you! Or at least, if you changed your habits and ways of living. I'm happy you didn't."

"Mmm..." I try to comfort myself.

A heavy exhale escapes my lungs. "I think I have to go, to study... And stuff..."

Heemin looks at me with disappointment in his eyes.

"Umm... Yeah... Bye?"

While I try to walk away suddenly Heemin seizes my sore wrists, "Please don't go. I dearly miss you..."

I'm struck off guard by his sudden confession.

"I miss you too..." I whisper.

Heemin jerks me into a hug, and I let out a heavy exhale. I know I need to go, but I don't want to leave him.

"I'll stay for a little while longer," I say.

I'm unsure why I said it. I don't even know why I'm still here. I guess I just don't want to be alone.

I used to cry, beg for someone to find me, to save me. But now, I barely have the energy to do that. I'm just so tired. So tired of being here. But I can't give up. I won't give up.