Chapter 5: Please match my speed

"Heemin.." I said with tears in my eyes trebling to come out.

"Leave," Heemin said with a cold tone. Standing on an edge of a rooftop. The wind blew into his face, making him look pretty under the gloomy sky filled with clouds.

With a shaking voice, I state "I understand I haven't known you for a long time, but... Please don't... Please..."

"Don't tell me you're going to cry. For me." With his small giggle, I break down. Why is such a person laughing in this situation? Why am I so concerned? Why am I scared?

Stepping off the edge and pulling me into a warm hug, "Hey... Stop crying."

Even if I wanted to stop a sudden melancholy covered my entire mind. Why am I attached? I haven't known this person for that long. Is it pity? Or is it self-reflection?

"I have never except someone crying for me, hah... I'm sorry."

I don't want to forgive.

"Hooni."

I come to my senses and see that both Soorim and Heemin look at me like I did something bad. "Ummm, yeah?"

"It's just you have been spaced out, haha." Expresses Soorim with a gentle voice.

"Sorry..." I respond shamelessly.

"It's okay... I suppose I have to go, though. My boss might be worried." Scratching his head Soorim stands up and walks to the door.

"Hope you guys have a nice night, bye!" Waving his hand and exiting the apartment, I sighed a sigh of relief.

"What were you thinking about?"

Alerted I look to my right and I see... Heemin. I kind of forgot in a sense he's here.

"Oh, umm... About you."

"About me? Must be the first time in two years!" He states enthusiastically.

"Stop. I didn't forget about you." I reply with a firm tone.

"Hmmm... Okay. Sure."

He stands up and stretches his back until it pops.

"Could I perhaps stay the night?" He asked with a dumb grin.

"Why."

"For fun? We haven't slept in the same room since our psychiatric hospital stay. I think it would be fun."

Psychiatric hospital stay. Why did he have to bring that up of all possible things?

Sigh.

"Okay... I guess. I'm going to change." I tell while getting clothes under my pillow, trying to avoid the trash on the floor, and going into the bathroom.

Changing from my madly uncomfortable uniform I put it into my laundry basket. When I finally put something that's less suffocating I step out of the bathroom finding Heemin searching for something from my kitchen drawers.

"Hey," I say trying to grab Heemin's attention. "What are you doing?"

Looking at me directly, he voices "I was just curious how are you living alone. Since it was all sudden and stuff..."

"... I thought the isolation would be nice, the loneliness been suffocating though," I respond truthfully.

He laughs, genuinely.

Deep breath escapes his lungs.

"Listen, Hooni." He steps closer. "I'm sorry... Like I'm sorry about how I acted in the past. My intention wasn't to hurt you, it was more like hurting myself. I deeply cared and care for you."

I feel his warm, soft hands grabbing mine.

"I feel like I made it into this. Like I made your life miserable. Just because I was so ignorant and selfish. I shouldn't have dragged you into my problems. You don't have to forgive me and I don't believe I deserve an apology."

He was squeezing my hands as if his life depended on it.

"I just wanted to let you know that... If you need something, please tell me."

"Thanks, Heemin..."

He smiles.