Chapter 12: I wanted to despise you

When I ultimately reach my apartment door, I say goodbye to Soorim, close the door behind me, and deep sigh.

The flat is surprisingly exceptionally clean. It's like VERY clean. I notice a bouquet of chocolates on the table, which gets me very emotional.

Attached to the top of the wrapped heaven is placed a letter. It was from Soorim's family, that they desire me to feel better in no time.

I never felt such compassion before and a breakdown from happiness on the floor.

After a few tears fell from my eyes I unwrap the bouquet and eat a chocolate bar. The bar tastes very good. I eat the rest of the chocolates and feel very contented and delighted.

I devote the rest of the day to lying on my bed in a state of happiness. I never wanted to be discharged from the hospital, because I knew I could have been worse.

I was exceptionally fortunate.

The next day, I decide to send Soorim a message, to thank him.

I don't want to be rude.

I type on my phone: 'Thank you.'

I feel extremely silly for saying that.

So I type again: 'For everything.'

Soorim doesn't reply.

I don't know if he's ignoring me or is busy or something.

I look at his name on the little bubble at the top of my screen.

Maybe he'll reply soon.

Or maybe not.

I decided to solely leave it. I can't be troubled about something that happened two weeks ago.

So I wait.

And wait.

...

Nothing.

Two days later:

Nothing.

Three days later:

Four days later:

Five days later:

Nothing.

Six days later:

Seven days later:

EIGHT days later:

Soorim sends me a message.

'Sorry, Hooni. I can't talk to you.'

The message was very harsh to read. It looked like: 'F U.'

There were no words to express my feelings. I didn't know assuming he meant I was a fool or if it was an acronym or something.

I didn't reply.

I felt completely absurd.

I felt like the biggest fool on the planet.

I didn't know what to say.

What could I say?I didn't know what to do.

I just waited.

And waited.

And desperately waited.

Nine days later: