Chapter 4: Like a fool, I'm thinking of you

I sighed profoundly. I'm not sure how, but I suddenly see myself in my messy apartment with a childhood friend I haven't talked to in 2 years.

"Oh..." Heemin looks around my gross place. I learned to not be disgusted by my dreadfulness.

"I should have excepted this." he laughed awkwardly, standing near a table right in the middle of the cramped room.

"Mhm."

"How about I order something? It's on me." taking a phone from his sweatshirt pocket as he searches up some random pizza shop and sits down on my bed where there's barely any room. I should get in the habit of cleaning my shabby apartment.

"Okay." I sit down next to him. I'm not good at making conversations; it's not helping that I don't feel comfortable around him.

"Well... How have you been?" he smiles, semi-lying on the miserable bed with elbows supporting his body weight.

"I would say... nice." I try relaxing by mimicking his body language.

"Ohh? I have seen you became a streamer!"

I blush deeply, bringing up that era of my life is embarrassing. Worst of all, he witnessed it.

"Yeah... Haha... It was for the money..." I look down at my thighs.

Heemin looks at me grievously disappointed.

"Will you promise me you won't do anything anymore that you don't enjoy?"

Taken back I look at him genuinely surprised.

"Umm..."

"... Please Huni. I mean it," he says, bringing his gentle hand to my thigh.

"I-I. I'm going to the bathroom-"

Briefly escaping his stare, I go to the bathroom, hyperventilating.

This whole day is utterly overwhelming.

His gentle touch is overwhelming.

He's overwhelming.

Turning on the sink, I cleanse my face.

Looking at the mirror, I try to steady my breathing. When I put myself together, I exit out of the filthy bathroom and met with Heemin stating something to an unknown man.

The man delivers him a pizza, and it's Soorim-

"Soor-"

"Hooni!!! Haha, what a coincidence. Not like I noticed my coworker writing down your address and immediately offered myself to deliver the pizza. Nooo." Soorim answers excitedly.

"I knew you didn't order it yourself. And no way Jaehoon would. So I was quite confused. But! Here's that friend, umm... What's your name?"

"Heemin"

"Ahh, yes! Heemin! Am I invited??"

"Umm..." I look at Heemin to carefully check if he seems annoyed at the presence of Soorim. He doesn't seem so. "Sure, Soorim."

Gently closing the door behind him, Soorim sits down near the table and garbage.

"Oh wow! I nearly don't recognize this place! I haven't been here in so long-"

"You were here yesterday," I answer suddenly, derailing his train of thought.

"Oh yeah. Hahaha." Soorim laughs joyously as he looks at Heemin.

"So how's your reunition going? Hooni you must have been delighted!"

I'm puzzled about how I am feeling. I'm not quite sure if I'm happy or sad. I'm not sure if I'm angry or scared. I'm not sure if I'm excited or disappointed.

"It's been fine, we still haven't talked about what happened between the time we weren't with each other." Heemin answers as he returns to his sitting spot and promptly puts the pizza box on the table.

"How long have you known each other?" Soorim says as he opens the dish box and takes a pizza piece into his hand.

"Hmmm, I'm unsure. Hun, how long have we known each other?"

"Umm... Since we were twelve, I think." I sit down next to Heemin.

"Wow! You must have been best buddies!"

Heemin looks at me and smiles, "Yeah, best friends."

"Best friends." I inaudibly say to myself.