⋅14. The trial⋅

-Your majesty, you cannot!
-Please your highness!
-Queen, I'm begging you!
-Bella...

My head was spinning around, and my headache made me shut my eyes. I poked the bridge of my nose to calm down. The voices were still begging, crying, pleading.

-SILENCE!!! Someone yelled, and for a split of second I thought the voice was mine. But my lips were still closed.

I opened my eyes and saw Elijah at the bottom of my throne, standing up now.

-You're giving the Queen a horrible headache, which is transfered to me, due her inability to bear it. And I don't wanna have my skull perforated by your stupidity.

I smiled and send a "thank you" thought to Elijah's mind. He is right, he took my headache. I was feeling just a little light headed now.
Someone made a step forward. Her long blonde hair and honey-like eyes were perching at me. She put a hand on her brother's shoulder, as he was on his knees in the middle of the throne room.

-My queen, may we hear the accusations? Rosalie asked.

I smiled.

-Of course, Rosalie. We won't do nothing without a trial.

-And if I may ask, who will be judging my brother? She asked squeezing her hand into a fist and biting her cheek from the inside.

-Oh my dear, I will.

*-*-*-*

-a week ago-

His hand grabbed mine while he was dragging me into the woods.

-No! Stop! I yelled at him.

-No. I will not stop, not until you tell me what the bloody hell happened. I can't figure it out. I left you in the woods, I put Alice to track you thoughts, your future. You know what happened after only half an hour? Your mind become blank. Like in you're dead blank. Alice couldn't find your vibes any more. I... I thought you were dead, Bella!

-Don't you dare say my name! Release me or..., I started.

-Or what Bella? What are you going to do? What can you possibly do to me? I went rogue.

I mentally called Elijah. Somehow, Edward planted a thought in his head that he had to let me alone with him. So he did. Now I am helpless, exhausted and in the same place as Edward. Things couldn't be worse.

-Edward, let me go or I will make sure you won't be alive for more!

Edward shoot his head backwards in laughter.

-You...? What can you do to me? He asked chucking.

I released my hand from his grip by force. I pushed him into a tree and held my arm below his chin, stopping him from moving.

-Edward, you fool. Did you really think I could find you without being some kind, powerful?

His eyes were wide open and all the traces of the laughter were long gone.

-Are you... Are you a vampire? He finally asked.

Now was my time to laugh. So I did.

-No, darling. Do I have red or honey-like eyes?

He shook his head.

-I'm an ouijia, you damn fool!

He opened his mouth to say something but I snapped his neck before the words could escape his mouth.

----

*present time*

-May we hear the accusations now, your majesty? Carlisle asked.