⋅11.Finding peace⋅

-Maybe is not to late, maybe someone could help. I mean, we can't let her like this. The whole week she just sat in her room, crying and sleeping, waking up scared. Not recognize any of us.

Some voices were mumbling outside my room.

-What are you going to do, master? There is only one vampire doctor that kind of suits her age, and I can assure you, she will not be pleased.

In my moments of reality I recognize the voice of Jane standing up in front of Aro. Who is she talking about? A doctor? Old enough?

-Jane, we have to do something. My heart brakes when I see her like this. Something happened, I can bet my life on this.

Aro was more sentimental then I ever saw him. I couldn't hear anything else, cause I fell into a deep sleep.

*

Noises. Everywhere noises. I was covered in blood and a fresh corpse was in my hands. My vision was blurry cause I was crying.

-It's this enough, your grace? A voice spoke.

I immediately turned my head in the direction of the voice.

-Gabriel! I couldn't recognize the voice, it didn't sound like mine. The voice which escaped my mouth was full of hate, a little harsh, and most important, a trembling voice. I was always confident and my self esteem was higher than anyone's.

Gabriel started to laugh. I could only see half of his face in the moonlight. The half of his face that I was seeing, was red, like a burn and I assume the whole face is like that.

-Excuse me, your grace, did you said something?

I swallowed, and the noise was loud enough for him to hear it, even if he was across the room.

-You can't harm me, I finally said. They are just nightmares. I will wake up, but you will still be death.

Gabriel laughed again. His laugh was hurting my ears, it was almost like a demonic laugh.

-Nightmares? Do you really think that these, he showed something invisible with his hand, are just a silly dream? I cursed you! Look what corpse are you holding on too, he said pointing at my arms now.

My look dropped, and I was looking at the corpse. In my arms, lying death, was Aro, with his eyes opened, terrified. I raise my shaky hand and touched his cheek, he was cold. A tear was rolling down my cheek.

-You were saying? Just nightmares you said? Gabriel imitate me.

I kissed Aro's forehead. I let him go, and he slowly disappeared. Standing up now, I was facing Gabriel. I smiled.

-Aro is not dead, I spoke.

Gabriel huffed.

-I've seen all my friends, that died because of me, all my enemies that I killed or who died at my command, I continued. I was tortured, I was kicked, punched, poked. I lived their pain, the pain I made them go through. I felt their smiles, their laughs, their tears, their screams, their desperation, their death. I died in my dreams so many times I lost count. They got their revenge after death, they saw the light, they pass through. They found peace. Now it's only you. Tell me, I start walking towards him, how are you going to defeat me? I am bloody immortal, and you are death. A curse, yeah. That did go well. Now I have no enemies, no death friends, no nothing. Nothing can't hurt me anymore.

I was now in front of him and he was scared. Terrified. I beat him at his own game.

-This can't be, it can't! No one can survive a Patterson curse! No one!

I forth my palm and with my thumb I touched the middle of his forehead, and with my index finger, his temple.

-Vjit jal sen rompe, mah derto vjit jal. *What is death, may remain forever death (ouijia lost language)

He wide opened his eyes and mouth, and a bright light was coming from behind him. The light took him, and he slowly disappeared, looking terrified at me. When he was finally gone, I couldn't stay in my feet anymore, so I just collapsed on the floor. I was on the ground crying. Aro's corpse seemed so real, and this room, and everything... I closed my eyes and let the tears roll slow on my cheeks. When I opened my eyes, I only said one thing.

-Home.

*

I waked in the same room I did the whole week, but now my vision was clear, nothing was hurting me anymore, any I didn't scream. Everything was peaceful, everything was normal again. I forth my hand to take the glass of water that Jane always make sure was there. My throat was dry, but that was the only pain that I was feeling. No one was on the hallway or in my room, and the castle was peaceful and quiet. Almost to quiet.

I could hear steps rushing on the hallway, and my door was violently opened. A tiny siluete was standing between the door frame. The person made its way to my bed. It was Jane who had a huge smile on her face.

-Bella, you are awake.

I simply smiled, and a tear rolled down my cheek.

-It's over Jane, it's over, I said drawn in my tears.

She sat on the bed, next to me. She landed into a hug I couldn't get away from.

-You are safe now, Bella, you are safe.

Jane looked into my eyes. On both of her cheeks were two lines of blood. She cried. I forth my hand and caressed her cheek, wiping off the blood.

-Why did you cry, Jane? I asked her.

She cracked a smile.

-I... We thought we were losing you... We did everything we could and...

She stopped right there like she said something she wasn't supposed to.

-Jane? I raised my eyebrow

-Bella, I am so sorry, we had to. Master Aro was desperate and we didn't know what to do...

I touched her cheek again and I understood.

-Why would you do such a thing, Jane? I asked her.

She sniffed her tears away and looked at me.

-Bella, we couldn't think of anything else, we tried everything!

-You... You got Carlisle here? I asked in the most calm way I could ever do.

Jane nodded. If a Cullen is here, the whole clan is, and that means...

-Bella, relax. It's just Carlisle. He is not here, or anyone else. It's just him, and after he is done, he agreed to be compelled to forget any of this. You were, after all, kind of his daughter in law.

I smiled. Guess I am going to meet a Cullen again.