Chapter 13 ☘

"Man... I wanted to wear my costume," Ashido complained as she pulled at the shirt of her sports uniform. [Name] sat next to her as he did coin tricks, not at all under any pressure.

"It's to keep everything fair," Ojiro informed as he continued to stretch, watching [Name] with a sweatdrop at his low stress levels when Ojiro, on the other hand, was trying to keep himself calm by stretching his limbs.

"I wonder what the first round's gonna be," Sato spoke as he was fiddling with his hands, clearly nervous.

"No matter what comes, we'll just have to deal with it." Tokoyami replied as he folded his arms.

All the hashiras would be watching [Name], as would their leader, but he would probably watch from home due to his illness. Suddenly, the clinks of jewellery were heard from down the hall, getting closer until the door slammed open, revealing Uzui Tengen in the flesh.

"Oi, I need to talk to you." Uzui simply picked [Name] up with ease as everyone watched in confusion as [Name] was technically kidnapped right in front of them. "The master said good luck, but I also want to say if you don't go to our agency, Shinazugawa and Iguro will storm down to your estate and drag you there whether you like it or not, so don't rely on your little coin and just do it okay, I'm ordering you." Uzui said his final words and opened the door again before placing [Name] back inside and leaving.

"[Name]! You didn't get murdered!" Ashido wrapped her arms around you and squeezed as the rest of the students around her chuckled awkwardly at her dark words.

"Everyone, are you ready? We will be entering soon!" Iida announced as he opened the door.

"Midoriya, Tsuyuri." Todoroki called out as both males turned to look at him.

"Todoroki? What is it?" Midoriya asked as everyone began to focus on the conversation, even Bakugo.

"Looking at things objectively, I'm much stronger than you Midoriya and Tsuyuri, I am much better at making a decision and sticking to it," Todoroki said, as he looked at Midoriya, full of nerves and [Name], who was still smiling. "But you both have heroes with their eyes on you two. I will not pry into why but know I will beat you both." 

[Name] didn't care about Todoroki's threat and continued flipping his coin about while Midoriya began to stumble on his words. [Name]'s classmates began to talk about Todoroki's challenge while Bakugo just bared his teeth in anger.

"Hey, hey, hey, why're you picking fights suddenly?" Kirishima grabbed Todoroki by the shoulder but was pushed off.

"We're not here to play friends," Todoroki walked off, leaving an awkward atmosphere before Iida ordered everyone to head outside.

.

.

.

"Pay attention, audience!" Present Mic yelled as the audience cheered. "This year's high school rodeo of adolescents that you all love! The U.A sports festival is about to begin. Are you ready!?"

"It's time for the students to enter the first year stage! The first year who survived a villain attack shortly after joining. Class 1-A!" Present Mic announced as the first year class emerged from the tunnel and into the bright sun, cameras flashing everywhere, especially at Todoroki and [Name] because of their connections to pro heroes.

"Th-Th-There are so many people," Midoriya stuttered as [Name] smiled at him in which the fake smile made Midoriya even more nervous.

"Will we be able to give our best performance while being watched by so many people?" Iida wondered as he also looked at the large number of people all cheering. "This is also part of the training required to be a true hero."

"Man, Present Mic is really going overboard with the compliments," Kirishima exclaimed in response to his teacher's enthusiasm. "I'm getting nervous, aren't you, Bakugo?" said male gave an evil smirk and said he was just getting more into it, making Kirishima sigh.

"They haven't been noticed much, but this class is also full of talent!" Present Mic announced Class 1-B as they walked out, determined to overthrow Class 1-A from their declaration the other day, along with all the other classes that are determined to take students in Class 1-A's spots in the hero course.

---------

"What's going on?" Uraraka cried, hiding behind [Name], who didn't really provide much surface area to hide behind. The number of students crowding in front of the classroom door was quite surprising.

"What business do you have with Class 1-A?" Iida asked sternly.

"We can't get out!" Mineta whined, "What'd you come here for anyway!?" he yelled when secretly trying to peek up Uraraka's skirt, to which [Name] was meant to kick him lightly as a warning but accidentally kicked him across the classroom.

"Scouting out the enemy," Bakugo explained "We're the ones who made it out of the villains' attack. They probably wanna check us out before the sports festival."

"Out of my way, extras!" Bakugo growled as Iida began to heavily scold him about not calling people he didn't know extras.

"I came to see what the famous Class A was like, but you're all extremely arrogant." A tired voice spoke as [Name] believed it sounded like a younger Aizawa. "Are all of you in the hero course like this?"

"Seeing something like this makes me disillusioned. There are quite a few who enrolled in other courses since they didn't make it into the hero course, but we still have a chance in the sports festival to replace you lot," he rubbed the back of his neck as he explained, making Bakugo glare harder.

"Hey, hey! I'm from Class 1-B next door! I heard you fought some against some villains, so I came to see you all, but don't get so full of yourselves!" A male with grey hair yelled, which reminded [Name] heavily of Kirishima.

The declarations continued for a while until eventually everyone left.

---------

"All of U.A's first years are here now! The sports festival can finally begin!" Present Mic was clearly getting very excited and his energy was being shared with the crowd.

[Name] closed his eyes calmly, rubbing his thumb over the coin he had in his pocket.

'Kanae, I'll do my best'