Chapter 52 ֎

[Name] was sitting next to Sumiko as she chatted away happily. "Monoma, he is... getting a bit overconfident as he keeps reminding us we'll beat the 'dreaded Class A'" Sumiko laughed as [Name] smiled faintly.

"Hey, Tsuyuri?" Sumiko asked as [Name] hummed to show his attention. "Why don't you smile even when your scent shows you're unhappy?"

[Name] froze as he looked at Sumiko in shock. "It's because you're still dependent on that coin, aren't you. You say you can make your own decisions, but you're not." Sumiko's face was serious as she stood up.

Suddenly, Sumiko dug into [Name]'s pockets, and [Name] grabbed her wrist tightly at first, but Sumiko managed to wriggle her hand free, and she held the coin in her palm. "Alright. I'll do what you do, flip the coin, and make a decision!"

"If it comes up as heads, you will listen to the voice in your heart from now on, [Name]!" It seems Sumiko didn't realise she had called [Name] by his first name.

[Name] blinked and tilted his head as he watched the coin spin upwards as Sumiko panicked about throwing it too high, but before it hit the ground, Sumiko caught it and placed it on the back of her hand. "I got it! See, I caught it, [Name]!" as [Name]'s eyes were like dots.

"Ready, [Name]?" Sumiko spoke as [Name] looked at the hand covering the answer of the coin intently. He couldn't see the results as Sumiko's back had covered them from view, so it was truly a 50/50 chance currently unknown to [Name].

Removing her hand, [Name] saw the kanji for heads before Sumiko jumped high in the air in glee. "It's heads!" Sumiko cried excitedly as [Name] looked at her in shock, desperate to find out if she had cheated the odds or not.

"[Name]!" Sumiko handed the coin back to [Name], but then Sumiko grabbed his hands and cupped them between hers. "Good luck. Your heart drives you, so let it grow as strong as you can make it!"

"All right, I should get going before Monoma finds me with a 'horrible Class A student' Sumiko did air quotes as she rolled her eyes and laughed. Picking up her bag, she slipped it on her shoulders and began to rush off.

But [Name] grabbed her hand and dragged her back. "H-How did you make it come up heads?" [Name] asked.

"Just by chance. If it came up tails, I'd keep flipping it until it came up heads!" Sumiko smiled so brightly that [Name] thought he'd go blind in his other eye. "Take care!" Sumiko ran off as [Name]'s eye shined as he looked at the coin in his hands before cupping it close to his chest.

"Yuri! Where are you!?" Ashido yelled as she turned the corner. "Ah, there you are; I was looking all over for you!"

.

.

.

Midoriya was running late. Their show was going to start any second, and Midoriya wasn't here.

"I'm here!" Midoriya cried as he quickly threw on his shirt and rushed out to his spot just before the curtains opened. [Name] wanted to scold him, but the curtains opened and saved him.

Jiro took a deep breath. "Let's go, damn it!" Bakugo yelled, "All of U.A. we'll kill them with our sound!" Bakugo let off an explosion as the performance began.

"Thanks for coming today!" Jiro called out as [Name] and the dancers followed the choreography that Ashido had been teaching. [Name] watched as Midoriya ran by him and threw Aoyama in the air, and [Name] and Midoriya ran opposite ways off of the stage.

Rushing up to the effects team, [Name] waited until Todoroki released his ice, and an explosion of sakuras and sumires was let off in the middle of the audience stand as students gasped as flower crowns from many different colours and countries landed on their heads. Eri looked at the one that had landed on her head.

Antirrhinums, gladiolus, sunflowers, and many others were woven together. Eri remembered how [Name] had taught her some meanings about flowers.

Power, strength, and savior; innocence; and hope. Eri's eyes shined as she placed the crown back on her head. Not long after, [Name] saw the brightest and happiest smile be granted on Eri's face, and [Name] rubbed his eye as he blinked at the wetness now left on his hand.

[Name] rushed to join the dancers on the platform as he waved his hands in the air and smiled a smile similar to Eri's as a tear freely dropped from his e/c eyes.

.

.

.

[Name] was helping to clean up as Eri and Togata ran up to him and Midoriya, and [Name] smiled at Eri's brightness that could illuminate the night sky.

"You know... at first there was a loud noise and it was scary, but then everyone was hopping with the dance!" Eri held her arms in the air with joy as Togata copied her. "Then there was a flash, and [Name] and Deku both left, but then it got cold, and flowers fell from the sky, and a flower crown landed on my head," Eri explained.

[Name] and Midoriya nodded along with her words. "Then the girl said "wow," so I said "wow" too.." Eri trailed off as she saw tears threatening to slip from Midoriya and [Name]'s eyes, with the latter holding his composure a lot more than the former.

"We're glad you enjoyed it," Midoriya smiled warmly as well which made Eri smile sweeter than sweet.

"Oh, [Name], bend down and close your eyes... No peeking!" Eri said enthusiastically as [Name] knelt down in front of her. [Name] felt something light being placed on his head, and he opened his eyes to see a flower crown.

"Two landed on my head so I kept it for you!" Eri looked for [Name]'s response but blinked when a hand landed on her head as her bluish hair was ruffled.

"Thank you, Eri. You are so kind." [Name] stood back up as Eri's smile somehow shone brighter, and [Name] believed he would get cavities just from her smile.

"Oi, you two! Stop slacking off!" Mineta yelled as Midoriya panicked and took a bucket of ice off Mineta and ran towards the sinks, where Bakugo was melting the ice.

"I'll be back soon, Eri." [Name] spoke as he waved slightly to Eri, who did the same before he ran off.

.

.

.

[Name] watched as Eri tried the candy apple that Midoriya had made for her, and her delighted face proved the treat to be delicious. This time, Eri made sure to not lose her flower crown, and she still wore the crown on her head.

"It's even sweeter!"

'Kanae, Shinobu. Thank you for your guidance.'