Chapter 44 ❀

[Name] watched in bewilderment as the arena he had just fought in was being destroyed, but was reassured when the speaker explained it was a rescue trial. [Name] watched, slightly amused, as Mineta and Kaminari pressed Midoriya about the naked girl he was seen with by Sero.

However, as soon as the walls came down, [Name] immediately rushed out with his class, and on [Name]'s face he held a dark and serious frown.

"Help! Help I'm stuck!" [Name] heard an elderly voice yell, and [Name] rushed over to the cry of help to see an old woman with her leg trapped under debris as she cried.

"Young man, help!" She yelled as [Name] jumped down next to her and observed the injury. Makeup had been used to make the ankle look crooked and slightly deformed. [Name] noted that it could possibly be a fracture. Putting on his fake, sweet smile, he kneeled next to the woman.

"Ma'am, does your leg feel numb or is it in extreme pain?" [Name] asked softly as the woman calmed down slightly.

"I can't feel my leg!" She attempted to try and pull her own leg out from under the debris. To be able to act as well as she does, the woman must have had years of experience.

"Please don't try to pull it out. It could be fractured, so please let me help you," [Name] said as he carefully lifted the rock fully off rather than sliding it. The woman smiled slightly before going back to her injured persona.

"Now ma'am, I think you may have fractured your ankle, meaning you shouldn't walk on it. Please let me carry you," [Name] said as he lifted the woman up and began walking to where he could see a nearby spot where students had cleared it for the injured.

"Possible fracture, but that's all I can see, and she is responding, so no trauma," [Name] said as he gently placed the woman next to a student who was tending to the 'injured'. He ran off, searching for someone else to rescue.

"Someone... please!" A young voice spoke as [Name] saw a little girl crying in the distance.

[Name] knelt down next to her. "Are you injured?"

"N-No, I'm scared!" The girl wept, but stopped as she was brought into a pair of arms.

"You were brave to stay here and wait for help, you did great." [Name] spoke as he began to pat her back gently to console her. Soon the girl's 'cries' died down to small whimpers, then nothing.

"Do you want to hold my hand to get back to the rescue area?" [Name] asked, but before the girl took his hand, an explosion was heard nearby, and [Name] shielded the girl from the debris flying by,

"There has been a large-scale terrorist attack by villains. Hero candidates should choose whether to fight or continue saving the civilians."

Some fake villains appeared and charged at [Name] and the girl, but [Name] suddenly disappeared along with the girl and knocked out each villain. The girl's eyes shined as she realised [Name] had brought her to a safe point behind a wall of debris and then attacked the villains.

"Great job!" The girl smiled.

"Hey!" [Name] heard a yell as a student came running up to them. "Is your quirk good for fighting? Mine's more for defense, so I'll take the girl!" 

[Name] nodded and handed the girl over before taking off as he ran to where the main explosion was heard.

"You are a-" Gang Orca was cut off as a kick slammed on his head as he jumped back and saw the student he really wanted to test. The Flower Hashira.

Flames and wind were circling around Gang Orca as [Name] drew his sword. "Flower Hashira: Tsuyuri [Name]." Gang Orca poured water on himself to prevent himself from drying out.

[Name] charged at Gang Orca as flowers were burned to ashes or tossed by the wind with each of [Name]'s moves. [Name] saw Midoriya from above and jumped back as Midoriya was about to land a kick on Gang Orca.

However, a siren sound made everyone stop. "Um, at this point, all HUC have been rescued, which means the exam is finished."

"We're done?" Midoriya approached [Name], who sheathed his sword once more.

"After we tally the scores, we will announce the results here, so those injured should head to the infirmary." The speaker was heard all across the stadium.

.

.

.

"Anyway, here's the board in syllabary order of who passed." The screen popped up, and looking in the 'T' section, [Name] noticed his name and smiled, but smirked once he noticed Todoroki was not up there, and Bakugo's reaction made it clear he also wasn't.

[Name] was handed a slip of paper and noticed his score was 96.

"Yaomomo, your score is 94!?" Jiro was shocked as Yaoyorozu practically glistened and basked in the compliments as Ashido popped up from behind him.

"96!?" Ashido whined as she shook a confused [Name] back and forth.

[Name] looked at his card after Ashido stopped shaking him, and [Name] frowned at the pristine yet fake smile he had on in the photo. At least it wasn't as bad as Midoriya's, who looks like he's being held at gunpoint.

.

.

.

"Oi, Deku go out front later. We need to discuss your quirk." Bakugo whispered as [Name]'s ears pricked up, and he turned to face Midoriya, who looked very nervous.

Deciding the two both needed to discuss it themselves, [Name] headed outside after receiving a mission to join Kanroji in a mission. He was tired. However, he couldn't rest as he needed to work up his reputation as a Hashira in front of the public.

"[Name]!" Kanroji yelled as she ran up and began spinning [Name] around until he wanted to puke but thankfully she seemed to realise it and gave mercy by letting go.

"Come on! The quicker we do it, the quicker we can get to that buffet that just opened up!" She grabbed his hand and began to run as [Name] secretly prayed for the owner of that buffet as his business is going straight down the drain from Mitsuri, let alone R-

Rengoku.

[Name] didn't know the man too well, but he knew he was a good person, so he felt sadness towards his death; however, Mitsuri was a lot more devastated by her best friend's death, and Ubuyashiki was kind enough to give her time off.

'Kanae, Shinobu. I don't want to see the other Hashiras die... but it's our duty'