Chapter 40 🍀

Gasping at the sight before his eyes, Shinobu was in a villain's arms as she was covered in blood. Her own blood. Suddenly, that hand signal was made before [Name] charged at the villain but missed the attack.

"Whoa... that was quite dangerous. Don't try to attack me when I'm in the middle of absorbing someone." The villain smiled. [Name] huffed angrily as his eyes shook with rage.

"She summoned you here with this, right?" The villain held up a small device that had, in fact, been Shinobu's way of contacting him. Shinobu must have known he was here; she was always smart like that.

"I'm Douma. You have a similar hair clip to her, so are you related?" Douma asked while he held Shinobu's hair clip.

"I am Tsuyuri [Name], Kocho Kanae, and Shinobu's younger brother." [Name] clutched his katana tighter with each word spoken.

"Really? But, based on your blood, you don't appear to be," Douma shrugged, holding his fan close to his face.

"That reminds me. Akaza never eats women, even though I told him how nutritious they were. He never did; the master always gave him special treatment, yet I wasn't, and that makes me so sad." Douma began to cry as [Name]'s eyes darkened.

"That's enough. Stop sprouting lies." [Name] ordered as Douma looked at him in confusion as he tried to look innocent by tilting his head.

"Every word coming out of your mouth is a lie, you're not sad. Not at all." [Name] snarled as Douma's previous frown turned into a sinister and cruel smile.

"As she died, Kanae said she was sorry for you because you feel absolutely nothing, don't you?" [Name] watched as Douma smiled in curiosity.

"People in this world can feel joy, sadness, anger, and a range of other intense emotions, but that's completely unknown to you, so you pretend." [Name] shook slightly. "You're an empty shell; what a ridiculous joke you are. Why were you even born?" [Name] smiled.

"How rude. I've spoken to many many people yet none have been as unkind as you. Why would you say such horrid things?" Douma frowned as his brows furrowed.

"It's because I hate you. I want to kill you and send you to hell myself, so basically, you disgust me, and the best thing you can do for me is die." [Name] spoke coldly.

Douma appears behind [Name] and attempts to slice him with his fan, but [Name] ducks as the fan slices past his head. Swinging around, [Name] cut him with his blade and just managed to dodge his next attack as blood squirted out of the wound [Name] had created.

He smiled once more as [Name]'s eyes filled with rage stared him directly in the eye, but in reality, it was taking all of [Name]'s willpower to not cower in fear as dizziness made his brain fuzzy and unable to think.

"Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility"

"Wow! 9 attacks in a row how wonderful! Alright, my turn!" Douma smiled brightly, and attacks came flying towards [Name].

"Second Form: Honorable Shadow Plum"

Douma's fan came swinging towards [Name]'s eyes as he bent backwards in order to dodge.

"Sixth Form: Whirling Peach"

Landing back on his feet, [Name] huffed as Douma smiled. "You're well trained, aren't you?" A sudden attack came towards [Name], who had to cover his eyes in order for them not to freeze. Douma appeared to have discovered and was now targeting [Name's] incredible eyesight.

Douma continued to release attack after attack relentlessly, as [Name] struggled to keep up with each and every one. Dodging just as wintry icicles pierced into the ground where he had previously stood less than a second prior.

"Hey, you know you have to be close to me to cut off my head, are you scared?" Douma taunted before he disappeared, and [Name]'s sword suddenly vanished from his hands, and he looked down in shock before turning to Douma. "See, you weren't holding this tightly enough, so I was able to take it,"

Douma dangled the sword in front of him before unleashing an attack that appeared to be swords aimed at [Name], but he didn't know what to do without a weapon.

Suddenly, the roof was destroyed, and Inoko came diving in and deflected the swords. "I overheard your conversation at the hospital, and I followed you!" Inoko was dressed in casual clothes, with the boar head she usually wears missing.

"Hey, you're all beat up. Shinobu gets mad when people get injured carelessly!" Inoko stopped once he saw [Name]'s distraught face. "I-Is she alright?"

"Haha, she's fine; she'll live forever inside me!" Douma cheered happily as Inoko watched [Name] tremble.

"I'm going to kill you, bastard!" Inoko yelled before charging towards Douma.

"Wait! Inoko, don't breathe the cold air he is spreading!" [Name] warned before Inoko quickly used her amazing flexibility to dodge Douma's fan attack.

"Wow, you're very flexible, and you're a very pretty young girl," Douma complimented before he noticed the absent sword next to his side as Inoko handed it back to [Name]. "Amazing, I didn't even notice."

"Hm, now that I think about it. Your face reminds me of someone..." Douma hummed as he placed a finger on his chin as he thought. "Have we met?"

"No way have I ever met a maggot like you!" Inoko growled as [Name] held her back from charging at Douma.

Douma suddenly stabbed a finger into his head. "Ah, yes. 15 years ago. There was a young woman who was battered and bruised, and she came to me begging for help. She looked a lot like you. She's your mother, am I right?"

"No, I've got no mother! I was raised by boars!" Inoko refuted.

"So a boar gave birth to you? But you're human, so you had to be born by a human," Douma said as Inoko prepared to slice Douma with her dual blades but ended up with an x-marked gash across her chest and retreated behind [Name].

"Calm down, Inoko!" [Name] warned.

Douma continued to explain about Inoko's mother as [Name] grew increasingly angry the more he spoke. "Cut it out!" [Name] yelled in anger as Inoko stayed silent.

Kanae first, then Shinobu. Does this world hate me?'