Chapter 49 ☘

"We need not speak of such things at the moment," [Name]'s smile tightened before focusing his attention back on Overhaul who had just fused himself with one of his subordinates.

[Name] dug his sword into the ground to prevent himself from flying back. "Now, return Eri to me," Overhaul spoke.

Once the gust had cleared, [Name] rushed to Eri and held her close as the girl gripped onto his haori in fear. [Name] also took notice of Aizawa's absence. "I'm obsessive about cleanliness, so when someone touches me, it makes my blood boil," Overhaul snarled.

Eri clutched tighter.

"What a sad life, Lemillion. If you had only kept yourself out of other people's business, you would still have your quirk." Overhaul spoke as Nighteye's eyes widened. Suddenly, Overhaul charged towards Eri, but Midoriya attempted to stab Overhaul with a large piece of concrete, but instead it shattered, sending pieces flying towards Eri, but [Name] covered her from it, feeling little shards cut open his skin.

"I will be his opponent," Sir Nighteye charged towards Overhaul as Midoriya jumped back towards the group. He looked at [Name] in slight shock before shaking his head and helping Togata up.

"Are you alright?" Midoriya asked as Togata gasped weakly before nodding as tears leaked from Eri's crimson eyes. Midoriya broke down a wall as [Name] placed Eri next to Togata.

Suddenly, [Name] saw a shard coming straight towards Nighteye, but [Name] was too late, and Nighteye was pierced straight through the stomach as he coughed out blood. [Name] stood there shocked and guilty, as if he just had sight in his right eye he would have noticed sooner.

"S-Sir..." Togato stuttered.

"Sir!" Midoriya screamed as [Name] quickly covered Eri's eyes, yet the small girl had already witnessed the gruesome scene. Midoriya charged forward much faster than before as [Name] ushered Togata and Eri out to evacuate.

Sprinting to help aid Midoriya, [Name] instead found Sir Nighteye collapsed on the ground. He knew nothing would save him, but he still dragged him away from all the broken debris to a safer spot before running after Midoriya.

He found Midoriya clutching his arm after a spike had pierced his arm and ankle. [Name] cursed himself for not getting there sooner.

"You. I'm quite interested in how you have an ability despite your quirklessness." Overhaul spoke as [Name] glared at him in hatred.

Suddenly, a hand protruded out of one of the hands and began to speak. "Someone else is about to die because of you. Is that what you want? Eri!"

[Name] heard the footsteps before she appeared. "I-I... don't... want that!" Eri cried.

"No, stay with Lemillion!" Midoriya cried as [Name] thought of retreating to go defend Eri but knew Midoriya would stand no chance.

"Eri... do you really think these two can do anything by themselves?" Overhaul spoke.

"No, I don't...." Eri looked down at the ground as [Name] frowned.

"Then, what should you d-" The hand was cut off by a sword as [Name] stood furious, his eyes holding so much fury that one could think Overhaul would be dead by just the stare.

"Go back... in exchange... put everyone back the way they were!" Eri demanded as she stepped forward hesitantly.

"That's right, it's easier to be hurt yourself than letting others get hurt for you, huh?" Overhaul spoke as his arm regenerated.

"Even if you don't want our help... you're crying, aren't you?" Midoriya spoke as he ripped one of the spikes out, and [Name] could feel Shinobu's smile tighten in anger even in the afterlife. "I won't let anyone die! We'll save you!"

Suddenly, Uraraka, Asui, Hado, and Ryukyu burst in.

"Look after Nighteye," [Name] ordered as he ran ahead with Midoriya towards Eri, but she was blasted in the air by a pillar.

"Chisaki!" Midoriya yelled.

"Overhaul..." [Name] spat the name like venom on his tongue.

Midoriya jumped into the sky as [Name] jumped as well and began launching off the rubble as... Shinobu had taught him. Eri suddenly reached for Togata's cape, and her horn let off a yellow glow as she grasped onto it.

Suddenly, Midoriya reached out to Eri as she jumped off the platform. [Name] trusted Midoriya to catch her and headed for the rising Overhaul instead, but the pillar shattered as [Name] was hit with one of the flying debris as he crashed onto the ground with a wheeze.

"[Name]!" Uraraka cried as she rushed towards him.

"Midoriya!" [Name] screamed as the said male turned to him in shock.

"Save her. No matter what, you better save Eri! Don't let their sacrifices be in vain!" [Name] hollered as Midoriya suddenly disappeared; almost all of the underground base collapsed as Uraraka held tightly onto [Name] as he quickly jumped out of the way while holding her to avoid falling debris.

[Name] got up as he drew his sword before running, but a hand on his wrist stopped him. "[Name]! You're injured!"

"I've had worse," [Name] said as he ripped his arm from Uraraka's grasp and propelled himself up just as Overhaul had.

"Tsuyuri!" Midoriya cried as he was tackled by the quirkless male to avoid the many spikes heading their way.

"Tsuyuri, I'll fight him. Find the others as they may have been hurt, look for your comrade." Midoriya ordered as [Name] seemed hesitant but soon ran away back into the underground base.

.

.

.

Carrying Tomioka as the male was bleeding badly from his fight. Apparently the whole building collapsing actually helped as the villain seemed to disappear after being ordered by someone. The villain apparently had pink hair with thick blue lines on his skin. Sumiko had described the same thing after Rengoku's death.

Arriving back where he had left Midoriya at he saw Eri on Midoriya's back as a massive light of yellow and purple streaks radiated off the two as Eri screamed.

[Name] gently put Tomioka down as he ran towards a now unconscious Eri and Midoriya. Setting Eri in one arm as he lifted Midoriya to sit up right as he leant against [Name] for support.

Holding Eri as he handed her to a paramedic, Midoriya leant against [Name], who supported him. "You did it, Midoriya." [Name] spoke fondly as Midoriya sighed in relief.

'We've saved her, Shinobu, Kanae.'