Chapter 18 𓆸

Other battles ended quite quickly, aside from Iida's, so [Name] didn't really pay attention, especially since Asui was trying to convince him to call her Tsu, to which he nods but then proceeds to call her Asui the next time he spoke.

Now, he was heading to where Uraraka was preparing for her match against Bakugo. He was walking next to Midoriya, who suggested the idea in the first place, and both were quite surprised to see Iida also in the room. "Huh? Deku, Tsuyuri?" Uraraka questioned.

"The fight with Kirishima and another student from class B is almost over," Midoriya spoke as [Name] remembered how the match had been going on forever now considering their similar quirks and determination.

"So... that means I'm up next." Uraraka appeared stressed and worried before she shot her head up. "Wait a minute, Tsuyuri, your coin!" Uraraka went to hand it over, and [Name] did take it, but he looked at it slightly before handing it back.

"Use it as a good luck charm in your match," Everyone in the room looked shocked at [Name] as it was pretty much the first time he made a full decision by himself, especially when it came to something so precious to him, like that coin, which the group still didn't know why it was so important to him.

"I promise that I'll take care of it!" Uraraka promised as she put the coin back into her pocket.

"I mean, Bakugo wouldn't use full strength on a girl..." Iida trailed off as he looked at [Name]'s facial expression, as if asking if he had the correct Bakugo in mind.

"He would," Midoriya bluntly answered, as Uraraka flinched.

"Everyone's trying to achieve their goals, so is Kacchan, so he won't be holding back, none of us will, as we all want to be at the top," Midoriya explained. "However, I want to help you, Uraraka, so I'll give you some of Kacchan's weakn-"

"No!" Uraraka cried, which made Midoriya looked shocked at her sudden outburst. "I mean, thanks, but I'll be fine."

"Deku, Tsuyuri, Iida... you're all so amazing and I keep being reminded of that it makes me feel embarrassed at my own strength, so this time I'm not going to rely on any of you to help me, please let me do this on my own." Uraraka pleaded as [Name] nodded before leaving the room, but put a hand on her shoulder to reassure her before closing the door behind him.

.

.

.

The next match was starting, Bakugo vs Uraraka. Midoriya, who was next to him, clenched his fists as he watched his high school friend walk out to face his childhood friend.

"He was kinda famous in middle school, and he's quite hot-headed. It's Bakugo Katsuki from the Hero course. Versus, the one I'm rooting for, Uraraka Ochako from the hero course!" Present Mic was clearly showing favouritism, and from the mic you could hear Present Mic mutter an ouch as it seemed Aizawa had hit him.

"Ready... begin!"

Uraraka instantly began running towards Bakugo, but before she could evade, she was blasted back. She quickly hid in the smoke and attempted to surprise attack Bakugo, but once more was delivered with an explosion. However, [Name] smirked as he saw through the smoke and what looked to be Uraraka, but in fact was her jacket, which Bakugo attacked, but before she could touch him she was blasted back again.

[Name] smiled and leaned his head back, listening to Kaminari and Sero speak about how Uraraka is at a massive disadvantage. Attack after attack, Uraraka was blown backwards, and she was getting more and more tired as the match went on.

Some in the audience began muttering about Bakugo being too violent and harsh on Uraraka, until one stood up and questioned Bakugo's motives, and more followed until...

"Was that a pro hero that said that?" Aizawa's voice was heard throughout the stadium. "If you're saying that with a straight face, then go home and look for another career." The crowd went quiet as the hero in question flushed in embarrassment.

"He isn't toying with her, he's being careful as he has acknowledged his opponent's potential. He knows if he lets his guard down, she'll take advantage of that!" Aizawa explained before handing the mic back to his co-worker.

"It's about time, I think." [Name] smiled at her words as he looked up at all the debris in the sky. Uraraka put her finger tips together. "I'm gonna win!" she screamed as all the stored up debris began to plummet to the ground.

"She had a plan like that!?" Midoriya stood up in shock as he turned to see [Name], who knew exactly what her plan was since the very beginning.

However, [Name]'s smile turned to a frown as he knew what was coming next.

BOOM

A massive explosion destroyed all the debris and blasted Uraraka away, shattering her plan, but [Name] could see Bakugo's hand twitching, indicating that the explosion had taken a toll on him.

Uraraka looked down at the ground, but then she felt the clink of a coin drop out of her pocket, rolling until it ended up in her field of vision. Her eyes widened before they narrowed once more, and before Bakugo could react, she was charging at him again, holding the coin in her left hand as she charged. Unfortunately, her body could only take so much and she collapsed. Even when she tried to stand up, her body was too depleted to do so.

Tears welled in her eyes as she grasped at the coin. "I-I need to... win just like Tsuyuri a-" She passed out.

"Uraraka's out of commission. Bakugo moves onto the next round." Midnight announced as cheers rang out, yet [Name] just watched Uraraka's pitiful state as she was wheeled out and into the tunnel back to Recovery Girl.

.

.

.

[Name] sat next to Uraraka as she cried. Midoriya had left not long ago to go prepare for his match, and Uraraka got a phone call from her family, which left her in tears just as [Name] walked in.

"T-Tsuyuri here," Uraraka handed the coin back to him and [Name] took it as Uraraka smiled weakly. "I-It helped. I wouldn't have even attempted to get back up after my plan failed if it wasn't for it," she hiccupped before she began rubbing her eyes.

[Name] looked down at the coin in his hands.

'Kanae, you're still helping people to this day'