Pietro- Mission

(Requested by marvelaholic )

It's been months since Pietro and Wanda Maximoff joined the Avengers. In your opinion, they're both a little odd. Nonetheless, Pietro became your partner. You two had been on countless missions together. Like now, your arms wrapped around Pietro's shoulders as he speeds into a HYDRA base.

Once he's set you down, you shake off the nausea and face him. "I'll take the top level, you plant the bombs."

Nodding, he tightens the backpack straps and salutes you. "Call in when you've taken out the agents. I'll come find you and get out of this place. Be careful,"

"You too," You say, turning around and dashing down a wide hallway. Heavy footsteps marched in front of you. You're quick to pull out two icer's and press yourself behind a pillar. When they walked right past you, you held up the guns and shot them down.

Oops?

You run in the direction they had come from and find a door guarded by two men. Before they could even blink, you iced them. When you push their unconscious bodies aside, you enter a room and blink up at the multiple screens placed above the keyboards and control panels.

You head to the main computer and get to work on sending the information to Stark Towers.

"Bombs are in place," Pietro's voice cracked through the earpiece.

Tapping away on the keyboard, you look behind you to find a HYDRA agent in the door way. You grab your gun and shoot him. "Just give me a few seconds,"

"Knowing you, that could mean hours."

Returning back to the computer, the informations been sent. "Shut up, Pietro. I'm on my way."

By the time you meet Pietro at the rendezvous point, he's leaning against the wall staring into space.

"Pietro," You grumble, smacking his arm. His eyes instantly meet yours.

"Mission complete?" He asks, smiling cheekily as you roll your eyes.

"Yes, mission complete. Now let's get out of here, it's creeping me out."

You're immediately whisked into Pietro's arms. The sound of a gun goes off, but Pietro's already running out the door. You instantly know something's off when overwhelming tiredness crashes into your chest. The bombs go off, making your ears ring. Tapping Pietro's shoulder, a signal for him to stop, he slows him down until you're a safe distance away.

Once he's stopped, you stumble out of his arms and crouch onto the ground with your arms wrapped around your abdomen.

"What, was I too fast for you?" Pietro asks, his voice full of sarcasm. Though seeing you like this wasn't uncommon, you'd usually flip him the bird and puke in the bushes. But you're doing neither of those things. Realization hits Pietro like a punch to the gut. He speeds down to your level, concern written all over his face as he scans for injuries. Red is dripping from your side, your hands coated in blood.

Cursing under your breath, you look up and smile weakly at him. "Looks like you're going to leave me behind, partner."

He scoffs and shakes his head, "I'm not leaving you, (Y/n.)"

"Yes you are, Pietro. You know it's too late-"

"No," He hisses, making you look up in surprise. "I am not leaving you here, do you understand? C'mon, I'm going to take you back to the Tower and they'll fix you up. They'll make you better and we'll be back to fighting crime in not time,"

"Fighting crime together, huh? That's cute," You say slowly, smiling at his words.

"(Y/n), I'm serious. Get up. I'm not letting you die out here," He states firmly.

When you shake your head, he sighs and takes your arm and pulls you upwards. You cry out when the bullet shifts, making Pietro drop your arm. You curl into a ball on the ground, sucking back the tears threatening to spill.

"I'm sorry," Pietro rushes out, flashing to your side and wrapping an arm around your shoulder. "I'm sorry."

You lean against his chest and close your eyes, taking a moment to savor the last few minuets you'll spend with Pietro.

"Well, I guess I'll start sharing my deepest, darkest secrets since you're more than likely to be the last one to see me before I'm dead," You say, your voice cracking. Pietro's arm around you tenses, but you continue. "I don't really have any dark secrets... Well, maybe I have one or two. Maybe three-"

Pietro cuts off your rambling, "Get on with it already, you're making my head hurt."

He's lying. He's only lying to make you feel better as you lay here, wrapped in his arms, dying. All because of him. Just to make matters worse, he was going to try to confess his feelings to you when the two of you returned to the Tower. Try being the main word. He's been pining for you for months on end. Everyone seemed to notice his feelings for you by the way he stared at you, when he only wanted to be around you when he needed comforting, and how he'd always make sure you were smiling or laughing.

"You're such a pest, Pietro." You murmur tiredly, your breath become shallow and slow. "Ya'know, I thought you were really cool when I saw you zooming around the Tower. I remember you knocked Tony's coffee onto his shirt. He was so incredibly mad at you, you weren't allowed to even talk to him without getting the finger-"

Pietro laughs at the memory. He only did this because you were watching. He knew it'd make you laugh.

A pained grunt welled at the base of your throat, making Pietro's chest tighten.

"Are you alright?" He asks.

You wheeze out a laugh, "Just peachy," He sighs and rests his chin on your head, pulling you closer. "I have a confession to make,"

"Yes?"

Pietro's surprised to find that your hand is resting on his, "I might have the slightest crush on you,"

Pietro's breath caught in his throat and his eyes widened. "You're lying," he sputtered. When you moved to pull you hand away, Pietro latched onto your fingers. "I-I'm sorry, I'm just surprised."

You look down at your hand in his, the pad of his thumb tracing your knuckles. With your vision dimming, you know you're running out of time. "Now I don't expect you to say the same thing, but-"

"I don't have a slight crush on you," he says, making your heart sink. "I'm in love with you,"

Pietro watches as a small smile spreads across your lips. Tears pooled in his eyes as you sucking in your final breath before your heart stopped beating.