Steve- Lost

"You're into Tony, aren't you?" Steve says as you walk into your room. You had just gotten home from work to find him on the edge of your bed, his expression unreadable as he stares at the floor.

You instantly laugh as you set down your purse and unstrap your shoes. "You're joking, right?"

"Why would I be joking about something like this?" He hisses.

Looking up, you give him a weird look. "Steve, I'm not into Tony."

He scoffs. "Right, right. You're into me, huh?"

You stand and walk over to where he's sitting. Placing your hands on his shoulders, you tilt your head to meet his eyes. "Where's this coming from all of a sudden?"

He avoids your concerned gaze by shutting his eyes. "I'm sorry, I just... I don't know."

You press a gentle kiss to his temple and sit down beside him. "You know you're the one, Steve. I'd never leave you for someone as cocky as Tony. And besides, he has Pepper."

He lifts his shoulder in a weak attempt to shrug. "You just mean so much to me. The thought of losing you-" his voice cracks before he swallows and continues. "I don't know if I could handle it. I've already lost everyone else when I was frozen for 70 years."

You bite your lips, trying to think of a good way to lighten the mood, when you say, "That's not going to happen again, Steve. Jets nowadays have these things called trackers. You've heard of them, right?"

He sighs. "But what if that's not how I lose you? What if someone better comes along and-?"

"Steve," You softly force him to look at you. "I'm not going anywhere and no ones going to take me away from you. Do you hear me? I'm here and nothing bad is going to happen to me. You know why?"

His dejected eyes meet yours. "Why?"

You smile. "Because I have you, and you're all I need. And without you, I'd be completely heartbroken. So please, stop thinking that I'm going anywhere."

A spark of happiness ignites in his expression and his lips twitch into a loose grin. "What would I do without you?"