Steve- Blame

(Requested by @AutumnRain1D)

"That's it? You're just going to leave?" Steve shouts, clenching his fists as you shovel your clothes into a bag as quick as possible.

"I'm going to stay at the tower for a few days so you can cool your head." You say roughly, sending him a small glare as you zip up your bag and stand.

"Cool my head? I'm not the one who's at fault here, (Y/n)."

You shake your head as you squeeze past him, only for him to grab your bicep. Surprised, you yank back your arm. "Really, Steve? I'm the one who's yelling at the other over a stupid, false accusation?"

His expression lights as you whirl around and storm for the door. "(Y/n), wait-!"

The door slams shut without you looking back.

-_-_-_-_-_-

In the tower, you nearly run into Steve, but slipped away at the last second and ran to your room where Natasha's lounging on your bed, toying with her phone.

"What's Steve doing here?" You groan quietly, drawing Natasha's attention from her device to give you a small smirk as you flop down on the bed.

"You think him and Tony are going out? Because if so, I've always thought that Tony's carried a torch for Cap."

You grin. "Yeah?"

She nods. "Of course. Haven't you seen the way they gaze at each other during a mission? Truly star-crossed lovers."

You and Natasha giggle lightly, but you seal your lips once you realize Steve's standing in the doorway.

"Hey, (Y/n).."

Hoping off your bed, Natasha exits the room with a wink and says, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do, kids." before closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry," He blurts, running a hand through his hair as you sit quietly. "I realize that my recent actions have been out of hand and irrational, but if I may say, it wasn't for no reason. I just thought you were growing tired of me and wanted to break it off, so I lashed out and accused you of cheating because I don't want to lose you."

You blink, silent for a moment in shock, but slowly stand and throw yourself into Steve's arms. "Don't take all the blame, Steve. And besides, I don't want to lose you either."