Back at school

Clawdeen's pov:

 [grunts] I jump up to the balcony outside of my room. I hear my dad say, "No, no, no, no [crashing]"

" Dad?"

"Clawdeen! Freeze! Right there! Close your eyes. Okay."

"Huh, Dad?"

"Sorry, sorry. No, no, no, you're fine. You're fine, right."

"What is happening?"

"Nothing, just, just you wait for it. And okay, all right. Okay, open them. Surprise! [party horn honks]" I look around. "You threw me a birthday party?"

"I tried to, but you came back so early from your hike. Look, I made a cake. Don't judge." 

"[chuckles] Thanks, Dad. Really nice of you."

"You okay?"

"Yeah." My dad loves to worry.

"Okay, good. So I made that tofu jalapeno casserole you like with extra almonds this time."

"Dad, listen. There's something I've gotta talk to you about." This will be a little difficult 

"What's this?"

"That is my acceptance letter to Monster High."

"Honey, we talked about this."

"Mom had an amazing time when she went there."

"Your mother was a full monster. I'm human, and I'm sorry, sweetie. They don't accept half monsters."

"Well, they accepted me. I have been living my whole life in hiding. I mean, I can't even go to the park without getting chased."

"You were chased?"

"Yes, and maybe I'll have better luck in the monster world. That's all I want, a chance to belong somewhere."

"You've gotta find your place in the world. I get it. My little girl is growing up."

"So is that a yes?"

"Make a wish."

[chuckles] I make a wish. [inhales] and I blow out the candle.

We were on our way to Monster High and I could not be any more excited

~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

"It's here?" I'm confused.

"Yes, it's right here somewhere."

"Monster High is a bunch of trees? Fun."

"No, there's a--a thing. It glows. Your mother showed me."

"Where, Dad?"

[leaves rustling]

[shimmering tone]

♪ ♪

The portal appeared.

"Right here."

"Whoa, you found it."

"No...it found you. This is as far as I can go being full-blown Homosapien and all. Oh, you need your stuff. Don't forget to wear your re-fanger every night. Did you remember your claw clippers?"

"Yes."

"School supplies?"

"Uh-huh."

"Your phone charger?"

"Mm-hmm."

"And all your clothes?"

"My clothes, I forgot all my clothes."