The Choosing Ceremony part 1

Alexandria's pov:

When I woke up, I looked over at Deuce and noticed he was still asleep. I carefully got out of his arms and bed and walked over to my desk that has my favorite picture of Deuce and me. It is a picture of him and me that was taken on the day of my choosing ceremony.

The picture:

(Just imagine she has wolf ears and he has a beanie on)

I pick up the picture and I think back to that day. The ceremony was the day after my birthday. It was weird to think just four months ago I had both wolf ears and normal ears because I am half wolf and half witch. I almost forgot how sensitive I used to be to noise because I had both sets of ears present. I think I was grateful to have one side of me go dormant while one side was dominant and present.

Flashback:

I wake up in a slight panic-like state. I feel arms tighten around my waist and I look over at Deuce with a smile on my face because I feel safe with him. He pulls me towards his chest and says, "Good morning beautiful. Why are you up so early?" I snuggle into his chest and he quietly laughs and kisses my head. I look over at the clock to see the time; 3:15 a.m.

I groan and say, "Morning bubs. I had that dream again, the same one where I'm at my choosing waiting for the 'go ahead' signal to choose and I hear hunters in the forest. The hunters come into the clearing and are just staring at me, almost daring me to move, and when I go to look at mom, I'm alone in the clearing with the hunters and when one of the hunters so go shoot an arrow at me, I wake up. Deuce, I'm scared that my dream will come true. I'm scared." He sits up against the headboard and pulls me onto his lap and he rubs my arms. I don't look in his eyes, so he puts his index and middle finger  under my chin and lift my head to look him in the eyes.

"Bubs, you are okay. You're gonna be fine. The ceremony will go so smooth. Okay? Everything will be okay." I nod. Deuce says, "Okay enough of the heavy stuff, you need to go back to sleep because your ceremony is at noon today. However, I know you and your family, so I know that won't happen and knowing your mom, she is already up and getting breakfast ready along making sure she has everything for the ceremony." He quietly laughs again and I nod. He says/asks, "So, now it's the question you are gonna hear a lot today, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask now. What are you gonna choose?" I quietly laugh at that and he smiles at me. I also nod knowing that Deuce is right.

I say, "I think I'm gonna choose my wolf to be my more dominant feature. Don't get me wrong I love my witch side, but even at school I have to hide it and have since we started at Monster High and you know that, but I feel most comfortable with my wolf side compared to my witch side. With my witch side, I feel like I'm always in defense mode and I have to keep my magic ready at my finger tips." Deuce nods and smiles at my decision. He won't admit it but he loves my wolf side more than my witch side and I don't blame him. I'm very cautious around him when using my magic.