Choosing Ceremony part 2

Alexandria's pov:

Once we leave, Deuce leads us back to the forest. "Why are we goin' back to the forest?" He looks at me with a smirk. "Why not?" Sly gorgon. As we are walking towards the forest, I get another flashback of my choosing ceremony.

Flashback:

We get downstairs, and head to the kitchen island to talk about the plan for today. "Once the councils get here, you three will be separated. You know that right?" Our mother says/asks. We nod. I start to feel nervous because I don't want to make the wrong choice. As if he can feel my nerves, Deuce comes over to me and stands behind me while he rubs my arms to comfort me. While we are listening to mom talk about today, Deuce whispers into my wolf ear, "You look so gorgeous in that dress, bubs. I can't wait to see what you choose." I smile and mutter a quick thank you.

After about an hour of waiting, the councils arrives at 5:30. "Good morning  Daxton family and Deuce. Are the triplets ready to begin?" We nod as a sign of respect. "The triplets are ready, Your Graces." our mother says. The councils nod and we all bow/courtesy. The councils smile at our behavior because our family is one of the few that still respect the councils of all monster kinds no matter species. The Wolf council says, "We will begin momentarily, we need a few minutes to set up. We are sure the Witch council also needs time to set up too." The Witch council nods and both councils head out the door. We wait five minutes before both councils walk back inside our house. They pull Mattheo aside first. Then after ten minutes, it was Sapphire's turn. Then another ten minutes, it was my turn. It was currently 5:55 in the morning.

Each of us are allowed one family member and one guest.

Mattheo choose mom and his friend Teddy.

Sapphire choose our brother Tyler and her friend Jordan.

I choose mom and Deuce

I am so nervous for my choosing. Both mom and Deuce reassure me multiple times. I walk outside and down the path towards the clearing. I am greeted by both councils. "Good morning, Your Graces." They nod to me and motion me to walk forward. The Wolf Council starts first.

"On this blessed morning, we are here for the Choosing Ceremony of Alexandria Grace Amethyst Daxton. She will be choosing which side of her she wants to be more dominant and present and which side will be dormant and not so present. If she chooses Werewolf, then her wolf side will be present and dominant, while her witch side will be dormant. If she goes that path, she can still access her witch side through using her magic, but her witch side will only become dominant and present if she is in great danger or is so terrified because she is being threaten by the loss of one of her loved ones."

The Witch Council finishes.

"However, if she chooses Witch, then her witch side will be present and dominant, while her wolf side will be dormant. If she goes that path, she can still access her wolf side through shifting on full moons, but her wolf side will only become dominant and present if she is in great danger or is so terrified because she is being threaten by the loss of one of her loved ones. Either way, she will still be apart of both communities no matter what path she chooses. Now, Alexandria, you know the choice is yours. But, first, you must solemnly swear to choose which side feels right to be dominant and present while the other side is dormant. With that said, do you solemnly swear to be true to yourself and choose what feels right?"

"I do solemnly swear." Both councils nod and motion me closer to each pedestal. They watch me closely. I move towards the Witch Council's  pedestal and feel nothing. The Council nods somberly, but understanding. I step back from the pedestal and move towards the Wolf Council. As I get closer, I feel a pull and I go all the way to the pedestal. I look at the Wolf Council and they nod. I turn around and state, "I have chosen. I choose my wolf side to be present and dominant, while my witch side will be dormant." I look towards the Witch Council and say, "I thank you for extending the welcoming spirit to myself and I will forever be grateful. I will not forget my roots and ties to the Witch Council and Community. Thank you and have blessed day." They nod and wave goodbye. The Wolf Council comes towards me and says, "Are you ready to wear your wolf with pride and never forget your roots?" I nod and they place a necklace around my neck.