chapter 27

Skye needed her brothers. She didn't hesitate to run into Alex's room and hugged him right away.
Alex was quick to return the hug
"What happened Skye" James asked getting up from his spot and joining the group hug.

"Everything is a mess. I tried" she whispered.

"It's okay we know you tried" Alex said

"And we are proud of you" James added.

"These boys today took me round back of the bleachers and beat me up" she whispered knowing her brothers would react badly but she couldn't keep it from them.

"They did what. I'm going to kill them" Alex snapped with such a dark tone James pulled Skye into his own arms.
"Who were they Skye" Alex demanded.

"Please Alex don't. They were seniors. Marco he already took care of it" she said.

"The boy he was threatening when we reached the car, was the him"  Alex asked.

Skye nodded.

Alex may have only been 14 but he was fiercely protective of James and especially Skye.
He had been on the streets, he knew how to defend himself, he knew his to throw a punch and he smiled to himself when he realised he could do that tommorow.

"There's more" Skye dared say.

Both boys looked at her.

"So Marco was worried about internal bleeding and wanted to go to Rafael but I told him lorenzo. So Lorenzo knows and he's angry"

Alex nodded, he understood why Lorenzo was angry but he didn't really understand why Marco worried or even dealt with the boy.

James let go of Skye who instantly missed his hugs. She tried to hug him but he shook his head "take off your shirt" he told her.

She reluctantly did as James said and sat down as Alex inspected the bruises whilst James sat next to her holding her hand and telling her a story to distract her.

It wasn't uncommon. Whenever the men left after a beating, Alex would tend to Skye's and James' wounds. They knew how uncomfortable she was without a top on so they did their best always to distract her.

Although everything was healing at a fast  rate her back was sickening to look at with how many scars were littered all over.

"Anywhere else" Alex asked satisfied when he saw the bruises didn't seem to be bad. Only minor.

"No" she replied

"Ok you should be fine soon but you have to tell us if it hurts" Alex replied.
Skye was quick to put her shirt back on.

"What if Lorenzo wants to see or he says I have to go to a doctor, they will find out"
Skye voiced her concern.

"I'll handle it" Alex mumbled pulling Skye into a hug and stroking her hair.

"Maybe we should tell him" she suggested.

"Lorenzo already suspects I think" Alex replied.

"Why what happened " James asked

"He knew I wanted to ask if he was going to hurt me"

"You think he knows everything " Skye whispered.

"I think he suspects we were abused by foster parents " Alex said.

"Then that's the story we run with they don't need to know the truth" James said.

"Agreed" Alex didn't want them to find out the horrific things they went through or the fact he was a criminal.

"Okay" Skye also agreed not wanting them to know how they had hurt her.

The three of them soon found themselves napping on Alex's bed. However they woke up shortly after when there was a knock at the door.

Alex was the one to anwser it.

It was Lorenzo

Alex could see he was angry but he was trying his best to remain calm. His siblings probably wouldn't be able to see the anger but he could.

Lorenzo didn't wait for a invitation he simply walked in and Alex glared but said nothing instead of shutting the door and going and sitting next to his siblings.

"Skye I want to apologize. I reacted terribly but my anger was only due to not liking the thought you got hurt especially to the point where you passed out"
Lorenzo apologized.

"It's okay sir" she whispered.

Lorenzo ignored the name.

"Now Marco was right about internal bleeding " he started.

"Her bruises aren't that bad" Alex quickly added.

"Yes well I'd like the opinion of a doctor, you passed out Skye" Lorenzo stated.

"No. You can't take me to a doctor" she didn't want them all to know of the abuse and they would see the hospital records and know how bad it actually was.

Lorenzo nodded "fine but any pain I want to know about it, even if it's the middle of the night, you tell me" he practically ordered.

Skye quickly nodded not wanting to go against him.

"I don't suppose I'm allowed to check the bruising myself" he asked.

"No" Alex replied as Skye shook her head.

"Okay"

Lorenzo looked at Alex. He had been through alot. No 14 year old should know about bruising.

"If any of you want to talk I'm always here for you" he told them all

"About what" James asked.

"Anything, school, life, friends....your previous life"

"What do you know" Alex said getting defensive.

"You all show signs of abuse" he finally confessed what he had suspected for a few weeks.

None of them denied it either.

"You're safe now. I won't ask questions but if you want to talk we can do"

"Are you going to tell" Alex asked.

Lorenzo shook his head. He had voiced his concerns to Leo and their dad. They thought it was just because the triplets were in a new place. He knew they would realise on their own soon enough

"Whatever happened just know I won't be dissapointed with you. You are just kids" he reassured them.

"Thank you " James whispered.

"May I ask how bad the abuse was"  Lorenzo dared ask.

"Bad"

Alex's tone said it all. He nodded not knowing what to say.

"Okay" he said quietly looking at his three youngest. He hated knowing he had been right.

He opened his arms.

James was hesitantly first as he had never had a hug from anyone but Alex and Skye, and as he hugged Lorenzo he realized he felt safe.

Skye and Alex gave him a moment.

Lorenzo hugged James not wanting him to feel left out. After some time he took one hand away and beckoned his two younger siblings and together the 4 of them shared a group hug.

"I'll protect all three of you" he finally said.