chapter 40

This isn't the best chapter but finally updated.

I mentioned my reasons on 'Emilia', i didn't forget this book. I know alot of you have come from the unwanted twin and hopefully Emilia.
Maybe you didn't read Emilia because Damon "died" but personal reasons updates might either be really fast or really slow.

It had been a few days since the triplets had found out about the Mafia. Alex was still angry but most of it was down to bring protective of his siblings.

All three of them were still waiting for their dad to drag them down to the basement. They were scared of what would happen if they stepped out of line.

Marco and  had soccer practice and Nico had lacrosse.

So Rafael picked his triplets up from school. He sensed the tention between Skye and Alex and he knew it was Alex's overprotective nature that was the problem. He understood Alex had been the oldest so he felt the need to protect the other two in life but now he didn't need too. The three had 4 older brothers and a father to protect them. He wanted all his children to be comfortable, he wanted Alex to learn it was okay to be a kid, Alex was still a child too. He was only 10 minutes older than James. He deserved to let his walls down.

Rafael respected their history and from what he had observed they had a very strict possibly abusive life. He wasn't blind to the signs however he knew they had been in hospital beforehand for what the social worker had said was a car accident. He could access their records very easily but he chose not too.
It was a fresh start for them and he figured once they were ready they would open up.

And maybe he was looking at it too closely. Maybe he was overthinking and it was a new environment or his triplets were just scared of him and their brothers. Everyone was scared.

But if he was right and someone abused them. They better start running because Rafael would kill them. Slowly and painfully.

"Okay kids you can do whatever you want just make sure your homework is done. Marco and Leo are gonna take you down to the gym later" he told them when they got home.

"May I go to the library " James asked, he was excited to read over his science notes and hopefully find a book that would give him extra information.

Skye might have gotten the highest score on the entry test but as days past James' confidence grew, mostly down to Rafael who encouraged his work and told him he was doing great, and because of his confidence his grades kept getting better.

"Of course. If you need any books that aren't in the library just let me know and I will order them" Rafael said.

James nodded happily. There were certain moments like this that James let his guard down, the same was for Alex and Skye.

James happily left for the library. Alex wanted to follow but he knew James would be alone. He didn't want to leave Skye alone with Rafael.

"And how about you two go spend some time together before getting started on homework. Maybe you can talk things out " Rafael suggested.

They both agreed however they didn't talk to each other.

Skye was tired of hearing how dangerous Marco was.

Eventually after doing homework together in silence Alex spoke "Skye, I know you think he's okay but please understand, I've cleaned and bandaged your wounds, I've seen what they did to you. I can't help but be wary of them"

Skye sighed. She knew this and she understood Alex's reasons. She just didn't appreciate how he went about it.

"I trust Marco. I know he was awful, I'm still scared but I know he won't do anything they did. I know he was awful and cruel, but I also know that he had his reasons, Itd not a reason but I understand why" she told him.