chapter 51

So I forgot how many weeks I've written them to be there but it's about 3 now I think.

The triplets were all doing there own thing in the room they designed. James was doing extra reading for school,Skye was reading a book trying to work out the music notes, she was starting to learn how to play.  Alex was throwing a ball through the hoop. He was getting pretty good.
The three siblings were starting to relax, conversations no longer revolved around how they were going to be hurt today. They simply talked like they had no trauma.

The three siblings were trying desperately not to think about it because they knew how bad it was.

Unfortunately Lorenzo had not forgotten about telling Rafael. The three were quite annoyed with him as Lorenzo had talked about therapy and how he didn't want them to bottle their emotions up.

Rafael knew though. Not that he said anything. He didn't know the specifics but he knew his children had been abused. Just like Lorenzo he presumed it was the foster family they were at.

He hadn't done anything for three reasons.
1. They had been in the hospital before he got them meaning they weren't physically in harm.
2. He wanted them to feel comfortable enough to come to him.
3. He knew they would not go to therapy. He had already given them that option a few days ago telling them it might help since they are in a new environment. And with Alex he mentioned his anger issues. They refused.

So Rafael just made sure to keep an eye on them.  He couldn't force them to talk and he knew it would be cruel to make them talk when they weren't ready.

The triplets were content with the room, their brothers or father weren't allowed in unless the triplets let them or the triplets were needed such as dinner was ready or they had to go out.

So it was peaceful for them.

All three of them enjoyed the window seat, it felt nice to look out at the huge garden, they never got a window in the basement.

The conversation they were having quickly changed from a light talk to something more deeper.

"Lorenzo is looking for you" Skye quietly said.

"He knows where I am, he can come get me if he wants" Alex stated.

"No, he's after the final member of them...Marco said they were looking but had no real leads but I don't think Rafael wants them to stop looking, they think he's trying to build his own....gang" Skye explained.

James shuddered at the thought.

Alex was mixed emotions. He feared them finding out but at the same time he found it amusing, Lorenzo the Mafia boss had no idea it was him.

"That could be fun to watch" Alex said.

In a way he trusted Lorenzo. Not completely but enough. Lorenzo annoyed him though and Alex annoyed Lorenzo. Everyone knew why.
They were the same.
The other day Lorenzo had come round for a bit as he needed to speak to Rafael about Mafia business . So he stopped for dinner. Everyone saw how both Lorenzo and Alex had the same mannerisms, right down to rolling their eyes at the same time.
They both seemed to want to watch the news after dinner too.
Both argued with each other.

When Skye and James had told him later that night. Alex's response had been "Im not like him and I don't want to be, he's a self centered idiot,  he's arrogant and stupid"

When Leo had mentioned it to Lorenzo, his response was "not a chance, he is a arrogant idiot" of course that wasn't to be taken seriously. Lorenzo played favourites, he always had. His favourite had always been Alex.

When they were a proper family, before the triplets were taken, everyone would fight to be Lorenzo's favourite.

After all Lorenzo was the older brother who was almost as strict as their dad, but when he was in a good mood he would be nice to his siblings.

Lorenzo was 17
Leo was 12.
Marco 8
Nico 6
And the triplets were 4.

They all wanted their eldest brothers attention, even the triplets who stuck together. And Alex always got it.

One day Leo had taken Alex's toy truck, Alex went to James and Skye first who hugged him,James gave him one of his toys.

Later that day when Lorenzo came home from school, Alex went straight to Lorenzo, who gladly picked him up and hugged him. When Alex told him about the toy, Lorenzo made Leo give the truck back and apologize. He made it clear if Leo wanted the toy, he had to ask first. He then bought ice-cream for Alex to cheer him up and by extension Skye and James not wanting to leave them out.

Even when the triplets were taken, no one could ever replace Alex in bring Lorenzo's favourite.

"Why could it be fun. Don't say you have a crazy plan" James asked.

"We are living with them. We might as well get to know them and by extension how their mafia stuff is going" Alex said.

"That's a stupid idea, what if they turn out like them" Skye said.

"Yeah okay. Well what about Marco, he's telling you stuff, can't you see if they any closer. I don't want them knowing it's me" Alex admitted his real reason for wanting to know more.

"Okay I'll go talk to him" Skye said.

"I don't mean now" Alex quickly added

"I know but you will overthink until you know. I might as well find out now" Skye said not wanting her brother to worry further.

She saw how vunerable he truly was when he just nodded. He usually put up a fuss when she was with Marco alone but he didn't bother.

"I'll stay with him" James mouthed. Skye nodded and left the room to find Marco. She wasn't going to straight out ask him. She wanted to check on him too.

Perhaps she shouldn't have gone.

I'm not cruel enough to leave you on that cliff hanger.....

"Marco can we talk" she asked when she spotted him going downstairs.

"What about Skye? Can it wait?"

"You seem to be feeling better" she said noticing he was going out.

"Yeah I am. What Is it Skye"

"Well you're the only one who knows what happened so I was hoping I could get some more answers"

"We're the Mafia not a drug gang, we aren't going to hurt you" he stated.

"Well knowing a bit about the Mafia might help"

"Fine, you can come with me" Marco knew she needed the anwsers and he knew she would be telling her brothers.
They needed anwsers too.

He knew Rafael, Lorenzo and Leo could explain it better but he knew that truth about their lives.