chapter 54

The family was in chaos with everything going on. One thing Lorenzo didn't like was chaos.
Rafael was the same, he expected his kids to follow the rules he set when they were growing up, he expected them to listen and do as they were told. But right now he was at the hospital with Marco, leaving Lorenzo in charge of the triplets and Nico.

Leo and Lorenzo were trying their best to be comforting but also add some structure to their younger siblings routine.

Rafael had said they didn't have to go to school.

Nico being the closest to Marco was taking it hard. He was constantly checking if his brothers had heard anything, he felt weak but seeing Marco in the state he was in when he came through the door, it hurt him so bad that he couldn't stop himself crying when he was alone.

The triplets were a different story.

Skye wasn't sleeping, she blamed herself, she allowed herself to cry when alone which was rare because Alex and James didn't dare leave her alone. She only got the chance to be alone to use the bathroom or when she went to change clothes. She couldn't keep any food down so she would find herself throwing up shortly after and crying,  not even Alex and James knew.

It had only been 5 days since Marco had rescued them, since he finally let go of Skyes hand knowing she was safe. When he knew she was safe, he had collapsed, he had been on the verge of passing out for a while but hadn't allowed himself to. Not until she was safe.

Alex and James worried for Skye, she barely spoke to anyone including them. James would ask Leo if there was any update on Marco's condition.

And Alex, he didn't know what to feel. Skye was more important to him so he worried about her but he didn't want to see Marco hurt. He knew what the man was capable of and for Marco to go through it all. Marco didn't deserve it. So when James and Skye were asleep he found himself asking Lorenzo if there was any updates.
Lorenzo was surprised at first but after the second day, he started expecting Alex at nighttime.

Rafael had remained with his son for 5 days, he didn't dare leave him. He was unconscious still, the doctors had ran tests with the results not being good, extensive scars, broken ribs, and he had to be stitched up in multiple areas. He was just greatful that the broken ribs hadn't caused any severe issues like puncturing a lung. He was bruised all over.

Unfortunately no one thought to check if he had been sexually assaulted so that wasn't even considered.

Thankfully the police were not involved even though they should have been, Rafael covered it up .

He didn't know where his children were taken but as he sat next to Marco, he had a laptop and was determined to find the person who did this to his son and tried to hurt his daughter. He would kill for his children.

And someone or a few people had just pissed off the wrong father.

"How is he doctor" Rafael asked when a doctor entered.

"Well his vitals are looking better, he's improving. He's going to be okay but the same can't be said emotionally. I understand from his records, he was in therapy when he was younger but it didn't work out, and it was reported he suffered mentally from the kidnapping of your youngest children "

Rafael nodded knowing this would be worse.
He would hopefully get better physically but emotionally, it would hurt him.

Marco used to be the happiest child possible until he turned 8.

He blamed himself for the kidnapping. He was in hospital with broken bones.

He went quiet for months and barely ate.

And when he  started to get better, he wasn't the same, he devolped serious anger issues.

He got into fights, he got drunk.
He did alot of bad stuff.

Despite his abusive behaviour at the beggining, Rafael had noticed recently Marco was starting to warm up to the triplets, mainly Skye.

But he was prepared for it to be bad, he was prepared to help his son through anything.

He had given all his children their own security when they left the house, security so good that the triplets and possibly Nico wouldn't realise they were there. Leo and Lorenzo knew, they knew the moment extra security was placed on them, they were trained to know. They didn't say anything to their siblings though.

Day 6 came and went and soon it was day 7. A week. A whole week of his children isolating themselves and Marco unconscious.

They had visited on day 6 though, it had been tough for the triplets especially Skye who couldn't even look at Marco.
Her only thought simply being:
It should have been me.

Lorenzo dropped off more clothes for his dad, after all Rafael refused to leave the hospital, so he would change in the private bathroom and he would get one of his  security guards who he had all over the hospital to keep his son safe, to go grab him some food from the cafe or  a place across the road.

As day 7 came to a end, Rafael said his usual goodnight.

"Goodnight Marco, I'll be here when you wake up, I know you're strong enough to pull through. So when you do I'll be here. You are safe now"

He hadn't received a reply yet but tonight was different.

"Is Skye okay"

Rafael blinked in shock and then saw Marco was barely awake but he looked like he was going to loose consciousness any second .

"She's safe Marco. You did it. You saved her. Let's focus on you though" Rafael said.

A faint smile knowing she was safe appeared on his face.

"I tried my best to protect her. I didn't fail this time"

And with that he closed his eyes again.