chapter 30

Marco was sat in his room, it had been a few days since Alex and James got hurt and since then the triplets never left each others side.

He found something's about them quite concerning.

Skyes weight. When he carried her he didn't expect her to be so weightless.
How Alex didn't even flinch when he attacked the group.
How Skye was fine after being attacked
How Alex could walk without a limp.
Skyes panic attack
How she felt unprotected without Alex or James
Or the monsters...they were just the boys that attacked her right?

It was his fault and he couldn't bare the thought of the triplets especially his Skye getting hurt and yet it was possible.

And he was the cause. But all three of them pissed him off so much that he couldn't help it.

Alex had always been protective of James and Skye but never so much as now. He always looked around like he was looking for threats and an exit point.

The way he reacted when he took Skye. It wasn't normal.

Ohio. They hadn't even left America.

But how did they not find them.

Marco decided he had enough thinking and decided to question them.

Starting with Skye.

Alex wouldnt tell him anything but Skye might if he asked the right questions.

He went across the hallway and was about to knock but he couldn't help himself listen to their conversation.

"We should tell them , Lorenzo won't keep it a secret forever" James said.

"No, the can't find out" Skye replied.

"No one will say anything. I don't trust them"

."but Alex please try" Skye said

"No. We don't know what they are capable of"

Marco knew he was probably to blame for that comment. He decided to leave them alone for now. Lorenzo knew something but it was pointless asking him since he was even more secretive than Alex.

He just had to watch them carefully.

He left the room and headed to the kitchen. He didn't expect to see Lorenzo and Rafeal talking quietly about the gang from Ohio.

"So what are you ladies whispering about. Any gossip" he asked. He never did like serious conversations

"Come in.shut the door" Rafeal ordered.

Marco complied.

"They were a great threat to us however one of them is still unknown and out there, they could be starting up a new gang as we speak" Rafeal spoke.

"I wouldn't waste my time on a petty gang" Lorenzo said.

"Time or not I want to know this member who hasn't been caught. You will fly to Ohio tommorow morning Lorenzo " Rafeal ordered.

"But what about the triplets. I can't leave them. I can't leave Skye" he said knowing that Skye had nightmares and didn't like it when he wasn't around. He didn't so much know if Alex or James had nightmares as they had a bedroom down the hall.

"That's an order. I want whoever they have found or at least start to track them down. Bring a team if you must. I want them found"

"May I come too" Marco asked knowing the secrets could be found out there.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea with Leo staying late in the library, Lorenzo gone and my unpredictable business meetings I'd prefer the triplets to have an adult in the house" Rafeal said. It wasn't like he expected Marco to supervise them or watch them, just be in the sane house.

"No. I won't be responsible for them. I don't care about them. I hate the brats. I'm not watching them"

Rafeal sighed "ok Marco you can go but I expect you to do what your brother says"

Marco nodded. He knew now he could find out about the triplets.

On his way out and back to his room he ran into Skye. They hadn't spoken since he calmed her down from the panic attack.

"You didn't tell anyone about what happened did you" Skye suddenly asked, it had been on her mind quite a bit recently.

"And what was that Skye " Marco asked playing dumb.

"The panic attack" she whispered.

Now Marco knew he could get her talking about it in return for not telling anyone.

But he wouldn't use that against her.

"No Skye I haven't and won't be telling anyone. However you mentioned monsters and how James and Alexander couldn't protect you now they were gone. I won't pry but if someone else at school hurt you that day let me know and I'll make sure they don't" he said.

It was his job to protect her.
His job.
He couldn't even save her from the boys who took her behind the bleachers.

"No it was just thrm" she said.

"Ok very well. If you need any monsters taken care of you know where I am"

Skye nodded, he was bring nice and it scared her.

Whenever the men were vaguely nice it meant they were planning something.

Marco had to be letting her believe she was okay before he crushed her.

Another short chapter but Marco knows something isn't right.

Should the next chapter be just Ohio and then back to the triplets or would you like to hear more about Marco and his hate for the triplets.