chapter 28

"so how was everyone's day" Rafael asked as they all sat round the table for dinner.

           Rafael
Leo.                Alex
Marco.           Skye
Nico.               James
       Lorenzo

Marco stabbed his food in anger at his day causing the attention to be on him. He just rolled his eyes and said nothing.

" Well my day was good" Leo said trying to change the atmosphere.

"Mine too" Nico added.

The two then told their father about their days, Rafael listened and nodded along commenting every so often.

Time went on and once they both were done he turned to the triplets.
"What about you three" he asked.

"It was fine. Classes were the usual" Alex said

"James what about you" Rafael asked hoping to hear from all three of them.

"Yeah it was okay, science was fun" James said knowing he probably should say something more than it was okay.

"That's great....What about you Skye?"

"It was good" she muttered.

Marcos mood changed as soon as she said those words.

"Excuse me" he muttered getting up with the intent to go murder his friends.

"No. We are eating as a family. Sit back down" Rafael practically ordered making Marco comply.

Marco glared at Skye, well he was more deep in his murderous thoughts that he didn't realize he was glaring at her.

"Marco enough glaring" Rafael said as he quickly realised.

Marco quickly realised and stopped glaring however his thoughts changed. He had to carried Skye to the nurse. She was too light. They had been here roughly 3 weeks. She ate 3 meals a day granted she often left quite a bit but they were big portions.

Why was she so light

Maybe he was overthinking. After all she was only 14. Maybe 14 year old girls were naturally light.

But not that light surely?

Had someone else hurt his Skye?

He would slaughter them if they had.

"Did you guys always live in Ohio" Marco asked shocking everyone that he took an interest in them.

"Yes" Alex replied.

"How did you end up there" he asked.

"Why don't you tell us. You show up out of nowhere and act like you always wanted us. Why were we in Ohio" Alex deflected the question.

"You were at a birthday party and you got taken. Believe me we searched for years. And we continued the searched up until the moment I got the call from the social worker" Rafael said in a almost deadly tone.

"How did you end up in the system"Rafael asked.

"Well in my opinion it seems like you guys are rich and most likely powerful so I guess whoever took us wanted to get back at you so they took us but didn't want anything to do with us so dropped us off at a children's home in Ohio" Alex expertly lied.

And everyone believed him.

After all that was more believable than being stuck in a basement for 10 years, watching his siblings get abused daily, becoming a criminal to survive.

Even Lorenzo believed him thinking they had been abused by foster families.

"How did we get taken from a birthday party without anyone seeing " Skye dared to ask.

At this, Marco got up "because you are all pathetic and no one cares enough to stop them" he snapped and stormed out slamming the door behind him.

Everyone was taken back.

"This behaviour stops now. I apologise for his actions just now" Rafael said and left the room to talk to his son.

"Why does he hate us so much" James asked.

"Marco is complicated, he doesn't hate you though" Leo replied.

Upstairs Rafael didn't bother knocking he
Walked straight into his son's room
"Where do you think you're going" he asked seeing his son grab his jacket.

Marco was going to let his anger out on his friends...well they weren't his friends anymore.

"Out" Marco stated.

"No you are not going anywhere. Lorenzo told me of your behaviour whilst I was gone.  This is your final warning Marco, don't mess with my babies"

And with that he walked out. He wasn't going to take any bullshit especially Marcos.

He felt for the boy but they had the triplets back he shouldn't be acting like this. It's not like he hadn't tried to talk normally about it with him when he got back home but Marco refused to listen.

Back in the dining room the meal was tense even more so when Rafael returned.

Eventually they finished the meal and the triplets quickly excused themselves all going to Skye's room so they didn't have to pass Marco.

James and Skye began concentrating on their homework but Alex couldn't concentrate.

They were taken from a birthday party by a drug gang.

Why?

What was the reason?

Their brothers and father were obviously powerful but were they also mixed up in some dodgy stuff

He had to find out, he couldn't risk letting his guard down if they were criminals too.

He wouldn't trust them.

He wasn't going to let Skye and James get hurt by them.

Ok this was a short chapter but it's almost 4am.
I have a plan for Marco now and maybe a redemption and explaination as to why he's litterally the worst"Xander" although there is no excuse for his actions.

do you want to see the explaination/redemption Soon?