eight

Lila

This night Tara laid in bed next to me her one arm was draped around my stomach while I played with one of the rings she was wearing. Obviously I couldn't fall asleep maybe it was thought of the blonde boy across the hall who always seem to run into.

I mean I did ask him to open a jar of pickles for me not to long ago.

I sighed as I closed my eyes again focusing on the sound of my fan blowing and the weight of Tara's arm on my stomach. I turned on my side to where I was facing the wall Tara shuffled before going still again letting me know she was in a new position.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes once again closing them.

€€€

"It was hard to fall asleep." I told Tara once she woke up

"How many hours?" She's asked

Tara liked to keep track of how many hours I slept or how long I was awake till I finally do fall asleep.

"Probably two." I said playing with my food

She nodded before writing it down in a little notebook she had.

"Well guess what I'm taking you shopping and a movie how does that sound?" She asked smiling

"Didn't you have to go out with that one boy?" I asked

"Who Jake?"

I nodded.

"He can wait, he's been busy anyway." She said grabbing her purse

I put my plate in the sink before grabbing my purse and slipping on my shoes on before we walked out the door, I was locking the door as I heard Tara say someone's name.

"Sam."

"Tara." The voice mumbled

I turned around to be met with the blonde boy I've been seeing everywhere, Tara looked between me and Sam.

"And girl who likes to lose her keys." He smirked

"That isn't funny, I had to sleep in the hallway one time." I said crossing my arms

"You two know each other?" Tara asked

I watched Sam shake his head "Nope."

"Well Sam this is Lila." Tara said smiling slightly

I held out my hand but Sam didn't take it and walked towards the elevator making us two follow him.

"How's boxing been going for you?" Tara asked

He boxes?

"Like always Tara." Sam bluntly says

"Good or bad?" She asked again

Sam opened his mouth to speak but it quickly shut when the elevator ding and the door opened, someone else walked in.

Shit.

Me and Tara quickly looked at each other before putting our heads down hoping he wouldn't us.

Or more like he wouldn't notice me.

"Lila?"

Shit.